2012 6Y9 Thank You Thread

JoeSelch

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JoeSelch
Brad & Diz ... Wow! Just, wow.

Each year, the airport gets better and better. The runway is in terrific shape (even for a Grumman). And the improvements at the school ... the Pilots' Lounge is a fabulous add, making 6Y9 a real destination. (Although, I'm glad we had no need for it this year!)

The fly-in ... Thank you, thank you, thank you for welcoming us with Yooper hospitality, making sure that we were all fed, watered, sheltered, shuttled, and entertained - all weekend long.
I'm still sad to have left, but looking forward to next year. :D

Ryan & Jen ... I know you've probably done much more than I can even imagine; thank you for your work on the airport and for keeping us warm around the fire. :)

Tim ... Thanks for picking up the first round at Hoppy's! :beer:
Diz ... Thanks for picking up the second! (And the magnet commemorating 7 wonderful years.) :eek: :thumbup:

Jesse ... Thank you for keeping up this board that's made so many great friendships and flying adventures possible. :yes:

Last edited:

Each year, the airport gets better and better. The runway is in terrific shape (even for a Grumman). And the improvements at the school ... the Pilots' Lounge is a fabulous add, making 6Y9 a real destination. (Although, I'm glad we had no need for it this year!)

The fly-in ... Thank you, thank you, thank you for welcoming us with Yooper hospitality, making sure that we were all fed, watered, sheltered, shuttled, and entertained - all weekend long.

Ryan & Jen ... I know you've probably done much more than I can even imagine; thank you for your work on the airport and for keeping us warm around the fire. :)

Diz ... Thanks for picking up the second! (And the magnet commemorating 7 wonderful years.) :eek: :thumbup:

Jesse ... Thank you for keeping up this board that's made so many great friendships and flying adventures possible. :yes:

I second all of this! Our first trip to Sidnaw was awesome and Randy and I had a great time. I was very happy to meet so many folks from this forum. I promise to hop on here and participate more. Really!

Thanks Brad and Diz and everyone else who helped to make our first 6Y9 experience a memorable one. We'll be back for sure!

Liz, I agree with all of that and more.

Thanks(?) to Tim, not only for the drinks, but for enabling Leslie and me to get a cottage and car for the weekend! I just wish he didn't have to cancel to make that work out!

Thanks to Jane and Jeannie at Hoppy's for both contributing to the flyin and for their hard work keeping such a large group fed and lubricated!

Thanks for Candy for giving us a great breakfast at the Hardwood Steakhouse.

Most of all, though, thanks to Brad for having the vision for the airport and seeing it through to fruition and to Diz for making this a community and giving us a reason to come and a venue to enjoy.

We had a bunch of new participants this year, many of whom have been lurking, who I hope to see on the board more now that they've met us. Hope to see you again next year, and please, bring your friends!

Last edited:
I had so much fun I went twice this year. I flew Saturday (1.4 Hobbs hours round trip) and drove Sunday with my wife and dog. Had a great time. Thanks Brad and Diz.

Attachments

• 138 (Large).JPG
    138 (Large).JPG
    296.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 144 (Large).JPG
    144 (Large).JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 185 (Large).JPG
    185 (Large).JPG
    277.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 214 (Large).JPG
    214 (Large).JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 183 (Large).JPG
    183 (Large).JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 47
I had so much fun I went twice this year. I flew Saturday (1.4 Hobbs hours round trip) and drove Sunday with my wife and dog. Had a great time. Thanks Brad and Diz.

Unfortunately, we didn't know that Gary, Jeannie and Crash had driven down on Sunday, and we were out hiking down to Bond Falls! So they sat at the airport for a couple hours and were only able to chat for a short while!:mad2:

Last edited:
I second all of this! Our first trip to Sidnaw was awesome and Randy and I had a great time. I was very happy to meet so many folks from this forum. I promise to hop on here and participate more. Really!

Thanks Brad and Diz and everyone else who helped to make our first 6Y9 experience a memorable one. We'll be back for sure!

Sue, it was great meeting you, Randy and Fly! Certainly hoping you'll be back next year!

We had a bunch of new participants this year, many of whom have bee lurking, who I hope to see on the board more now that they've met us. ...

Yes, I'm sure meeting the likes of US was quite an enticement ... :eek:

Really ... Great to have newbies and see how this has grown beyond PoA (and will maybe grow PoA, too). :)

Great meeting everyone this weekend. Sorry we couldnt stay longer, but I hope to make it back next year with more people and airplanes from Big Rapids. Maybe even bring the ole skycatcher. Its these types of grass roots aviation events that make you glad you are part of GA. Thanks again-aaron

Great meeting everyone this weekend. Sorry we couldnt stay longer, but I hope to make it back next year with more people and airplanes from Big Rapids. Maybe even bring the ole skycatcher. Its these types of grass roots aviation events that make you glad you are part of GA. Thanks again-aaron
Aaron,
It was great meeting you and Jeff! Really glad that you dropped in! I was kind of hoping that Dr. Bruce would be able to show up in his Seneca so we could have two Piper twins on the field simultaneously, but it apparently wasn't to be.

Unfortunately, we didn't know that Gary, Jeannie and Crash had driven down on Sunday, and we were out hiking down to Bond Falls! So they sat at the airport for a couple hours and were only able to chat for a short while!:mad2:
No problem. Another example of you snooze, you lose. We should have left an hour or two earlier and we would have made the hike. Jeanne really enjoyed meeting everybody since she was unable to fly there with me the day before.

Sorry I had to scrub guys. I tried, I really did. Might have been for the best. the wx here turned gruesome and has remained so ever since.

Glad you all had fun. Hopefully next year.

I'm back home... probably the last person back too since I had some extra time to spare this week for having fun! :D Just wanted to echo everyone's thanks to Brad and Diz for a GREAT weekend in the U.P... I'm just sorry I waited until the 7th year to make it my first time! I've already done a memory card dump of both my cameras onto my desktop and am working on the scrapbook!

Back