2011 In the Rearview Mirror

davecrawford

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Crawford
I closed out my 2011 year of flight with 3.8 hours in the log book today. Brings me to a total of 81.7 hours PIC, 34.6 hours X-C, 13.0 hours night and 19.7 hours solo in 2011. Highlights included my first landing at Kitty Hawk (KFFA) in July, my longest single leg (186 miles KTTA-KLNP), crossing the Appalachians at 12K, an alternator failure and leading a fly-over at Kitty Hawk on December 17th. Also had 2 hours dual in a Citabria working toward my tail wheel endorsement. Grand total of 276.5 hours total time and 191.4 hours PIC in the logbook as I close out 2011.

My goals for 2012 include the tail wheel endorsement, instrument ticket, and CAP Mission Pilot and Orientation Flight Pilot check outs. 2011 was a good year in terms of flying for me and I am looking forward to the opportunities that 2012 may bring.

Happy New Year.

Nice topic.

I received my pilot's license in June, more than two decades after learning that I would never be able to fly because of my new life companion, insulin-dependent diabetes. I have since then attained my high performance endorsement, flown all over the place, and started working on my instrument rating.

For 2012, I hope to complete attain my instrument rating, and buy a plane. Too much to ask? :D

I should have included my G1000 and high performance endorsement in the highlights. This was such an eventful year in terms of flying that things all blurred together for me.

Back