2010 Women's Air Race Classic

jlwilson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Joyce
Ok, I posted a little on the purple board, but I have to 'brag' a little here too :wink2:. We came in SECOND :cornut: out of 51 planes:D:D:D, using our own weather knowledge and flying a SAFE and clean (penalty free) race. It was the most awesome experience of my short flying history. Our blog of the race is at www.arkansasracers.com if anyone is interested. Got to add more airports and more states to my map :D.

Joyce

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

I was involved with the race start committee last year in Colorado and had a great time meeting everyone. I'm glad to see that you had such a big field this time. Last year we were worried about how many entrants we would get because of the economy but we still had 30 or so.

Joyce, congratulations, again. What an accomplishment! :cheerswine:

I updated your other thread the other day after hearing about your placing second in the race.

So, are you going to enter in the race again next year?

Congratulations, Joyce! Leslie thought about it, but with classes and the rental expense decided against it this year. Maybe she'll be competition next year! :)

Woo Hoo Congrats!

Maybe next year I'll get the ARC off my bucket list.

Fabulous, congratulations! :cornut::cornut::thumbsup:

I saw this in the news and thought, "I really gotta get myself back up in the air".

Congratulations Joyce. It would be rewarding enough just to participate and finish the race, let alone coming in second. Wow! I am impressed. From Arkansas no less!

Stacey

Thanks all! It really was a great experience and I'd absolutely recommend it to any female pilot. The camaraderie had led to some great friendships. If anyone wants more info about the race, please feel free to contact me. I'm hoping to get to race again next year. 2011's race route has 10 legs and starts in Iowa City, IA and ends in Mobile, AL. Got to add more states to my map :)

Congratulations Joyce!
Pat Purcell and I are working on a race in Mesquite TX KHQZ on July 17th.
Would love to have you come out and race with us!
www.slr130race.info

That's FANTASTIC, Joyce! Congratulations!

I'm transferring site skills from Facebook to here... after reading your post above, I found myself looking for the "Like" button! :rofl:

Thanks all! Chester, I'll have to see what my schedule looks like. I met a great person from Mesquite! Her name is Liza and she's an AME. It would be a blast to fly around over there. Actually, it's a blast to fly around anywhere :)!!!

Who says the fun has gone out of GA! You go Joyce!

You have to do fun stuff to have fun... the problem is some people quit doing fun stuff...
I think this is part of the reason that Air Racing is really taking off. (no pun intended)
This cross country stuff is really a great time, and isn't a "risky" behavior that invalidates your insurance, or puts you in harms way.
What it is, is FUN.
The race I'm hosting on July 17th is part of the Sport Air Racing league, and it's spun out of such races as the Women's Air Classic, and the Air Venture Cup just o name a few. The idea is that although the long cross country air races are awesome... many folks can't devote the time, energy or money to make it in one of these longer races ( or in the case of the Air Venture Cup AVC they don't fly an experimental aircraft.)
We want everyone to race. We allow everyone to race.
Joyce understands this, Team Ely (who came in Second in the Women's ARC, and also races with SARL) gets it... many men get it too.
Not to hijack Joyce's thread, but if any of you think this is an awesome feat by Joyce... which it is... come out and try your hand at it as well.
You've not had so much fun in an airplane since your solo. (some possible exceptions apply :wink2:)
www.slr130race.info
Come race. Experience the fun of flying again!

Back