2010 6Y9 Lame Excuse Thread.

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Light and Sporty Guy
Ok, I'll start.

When I laid out all my planned vacation for this year, I neglected to include the 4th of July shut down week in my totals.

Guess who has more stuff scheduled than he has vacation days available to do them :rolleyes2:

With no way to get Friday off as a travel day, it looks like I won't make it.:nonod:

Bummed.

I don't even pretend anymore. Then one year, hey watta ya know, I'm there.

Certainly there won't be any of that elitist I Got Bit By A Tick nonsense.:D It is, after all, the North Woods.

I don't have a lame excuse. The missus don't want me gone for Labor Day. :nonod: She pays the bills. She makes the call.

It ain't all cupcakes and lemonade in my life, no matter what some might think....:wink2:

I don't have a lame excuse. The missus don't want me gone for Labor Day. :nonod: She pays the bills. She makes the call.

It ain't all cupcakes and lemonade in my life, no matter what some might think....:wink2:

Bring her along! There are several 'bosses' there along with us lowly peons. ;)

Ya know this calls into question your status as the stealth bomber of A holes.

Ya know this calls into question your status as the stealth bomber of A holes.

schrenkers.jpg

"My life sucks." :D

In all seriousness, sorry you won't be able to make it, Andrew. Hopefully next year you can convince the family to come. Just leave the APU running for air conditioning. ;)

Can't stop jumper training. Only one day and you get worse!

Is that anything like flying the LearBaron? ;)

Sadly, Jessie and I are out as well. I just can't cancel on a wedding that has come up in the interim. Sorry, Ed and Ted, for the late notice.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Sadly, Jessie and I are out as well. I just can't cancel on a wedding that has come up in the interim. Sorry, Ed and Ted, for the late notice.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I have told everyone I know that I will not attend a wedding they have on a holiday weekend. The only caveat is if I can turn it into a mini-vacation for me. And yes, I've not attended. Sorry, you're going to be douchy enough to schedule your wedding on a holiday, you can be douchy without me.

Just got done running an international artist conference and am pooped. No 6Y9 for me.

Be warned - the wrath of Ed will be unleashed on anyone who cancels.

Next year, I'm just not going to post I'm coming unless, at the last minute, I'm able to go. So those of you with a pool on when I'm going to cancel will all lose. :D

I'm out. I had an "interesting" electrical failure last night on a shakedown cruise before the 6Y9'er weekend. I'll share the story another time. Wasn't fun.

Tim

The last time I tried to come...I totaled my plane!:cryin:

I have a multiphase excuse, my plane wasn't ready and it was waaayyyyyy to cold up there for my tropically aclimated rear to deal with.

Everyone that showed and stayed had heated accomodations. But we only had 11 planes show.

Really sorry we couldn't make it. We ended up going to Iowa and after fighting turbulence down low, there would have been no way for us to make it up there if we had to stay below the low ceiling. I ended up at 10,500' to get to smoother air. IIRC, ceilings were down around 3-5k in the LP of Michigan when we were going to IA on Friday (I checked multiple times along the way to see if we could 'divert' to MI).

As it turns out, we had to go buy sweatshirts when we got to IA b/c it was unexpectedly cold.

Back