2008 Changes.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Changes for 2008:

Less Trees: As per a request from the State of Michigan we've cleared out more trees. Trees have been cleared back 75' from each side of the edge of the runway so it's not so tight of an approach like it had been.

More runway: While still not "official" since we don't have the legal paperwork drawn up, there will be an additional 700' of runway on the east end of the field. Grass will be planted as soon as the snow melts (40"+ still on the ground today) and by the time Labor Day weekend rolls around, it will be good to go.

Indoor lodging: For those that took the tour of town and visted the "museum," that building has been acquired by us, and will be available to stay in by those that wish to. You'll still want to bring a cot or air mattress since we have no beds in there, but it will be heated, and you'll have a roof over your head.

Hay ride: If you're staying the night with us Saturday night, we'll be having a hay ride for those who want to join us for a trip through the trees and to destinations unknown. Ok, I know where we'll be headed - mostly.

Now for the sad news:
As of now Mom's Kitchen is closed, so the breakfast(s) will be held over at the cabin, unless someone reopens the place by then. Limited menu, but suggestions taken - except from Scott M, because I know he'll probably want something imported from Malta which we won't be able to get. :D

Now for the sad news:
As of now Mom's Kitchen is closed, so the breakfast(s) will be held over at the cabin, unless someone reopens the place by then. Limited menu, but suggestions taken - except from Scott M, because I know he'll probably want something imported from Malta which we won't be able to get. :D
Maybe if we are all really nice to Scott he'll reward us and fly in with a load of Corned Beef:D

sounds good, im planning on being there.

Maybe if we are all really nice to Scott he'll reward us and fly in with a load of Corned Beef:D
There's an idea.

Next up on my it is easier to buy it so why not make it food exploration is Coque a'Vin. I purchased my Le Creuset roasting pan for it. Now to find the rest of the ingredients.

Hmmm 6Y9 Potluck..... I kinda like that idea.

Pete

More runway: While still not "official" since we don't have the legal paperwork drawn up, there will be an additional 700' of runway on the east end of the field. Grass will be planted as soon as the snow melts (40"+ still on the ground today) and by the time Labor Day weekend rolls around, it will be good to go.
Y'all don't own snow plows up there???

You can plow snow on the grass, right? :)

Sounds like a hoot! I think Rachel is hooked! We're planning on being there again.

Will the hay ride be anything like our return venture from Up Chuck's or wherever we were?
driving driving driving, swerve right into the trees...
"Uhhhh.. Where are we, Ed?"
"This is the old highway, now it's a snowmobile trail."
"But Ed, we're not on a snowmobile."

We're looking forward to it. Now that we've got the camping gear, I suspect that we'll go that route again, but who knows? Sorry about Mom's Kitchen. :( I just updated www.adventurepilot.com with the news.

Those sound like some great changes. Working VERY VERY hard to make it this year.

Sounds like a hoot! I think Rachel is hooked! We're planning on being there again.

Will the hay ride be anything like our return venture from Up Chuck's or wherever we were?
driving driving driving, swerve right into the trees...
"Uhhhh.. Where are we, Ed?"
"This is the old highway, now it's a snowmobile trail."
"But Ed, we're not on a snowmobile."

I can't guarantee what route we'll take to get where we are going, but you might want to bring a PLB and a week's worth of food rations. :rofl:

Limited menu, but suggestions taken - except from Scott M, because I know he'll probably want something imported from Malta which we won't be able to get. :D

Malta huh? Is that where Malta'ed milk balls come from?
:D

I'll keep it simple then. Some nice lox, or pain au chocolat, or just a simple caf'e au lait.

This is a ways off (calendar-wise), but I think I can make this fly-in. Looks fun!

Tim

Y'all don't own snow plows up there???

You can plow snow on the grass, right? :)

Yeah, to expose the mud earlier. :rofl:

Jeez Ed, with such a long runway, even wimps will be able to fly in! :D

BTW, I like the indoor idea. (I don't remember the museum, where is it?) Before, it was cold enough at night to either need some heat or a warm body along.

Yeah, to expose the mud earlier. :rofl:

Jeez Ed, with such a long runway, even wimps will be able to fly in! :D

BTW, I like the indoor idea. (I don't remember the museum, where is it?) Before, it was cold enough at night to either need some heat or a warm body along.

Pretty much right behind Mom's kitchen, on the same street as the Trail's End.

Back