2007 Instrument Procedures Handbook

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Just because the subject has come up on various boards, I'll mention that one of the appendices in the new Handbook talks about the difference between PTS standards and what you actually need to track to keep from hitting stuff ;)

Fly safe!

David

I got that email, too! Thanks, Grant.

For those who may not know, you can sign up for email notices at FAASafety.gov and receive notices such as this and much more.

This also includes "Notices of Presidential Harassment" (TFR). :)

The mother lode of all downloadable FAA handbooks for flying is here. About the only significant one missing from the list is the Airplane Flying Handbook, which is here.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned in another thread about how annoying the "Not for Navigation" emblazoned across each chart & etc. I wonder if one page with giant bold letters stating that all the samples & examples are not for actual use in any way shape or form. I found all the RED letters distracting from the information.

Ron, thanks for the mother lodes !!

Someone mentioned in another thread about how annoying the "Not for Navigation" emblazoned across each chart & etc. I wonder if one page with giant bold letters stating that all the samples & examples are not for actual use in any way shape or form. I found all the RED letters distracting from the information.

Ron, thanks for the mother lodes !!
Now you know some idiot would print a chart off and use it just to save a buck. We're lucky they even put a chart on the page rather than "This chart left blank to avoid the lawsuit.".
It's lawsuits that will eventually bring the death of all activity.

Back