2006 knowns

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
Anyone looked at 'em yet? Diana, here's your chance to fly Sportsman in a Citabria. It'll actually do the maneuvers this time.

I think the Sportsman will be a nice program this year. No cross box maneuver means there will be some low scores in those west Oklahoma contests. Sportsman pilots will really need to work on their "cheats" for crosswinds. Should be fun.

I really like the Intermediate. I may try to do one Intermediate contest this year. It depends on how well I'm flying. The board did a nice job putting both of those sequences together.

Now, get that Pitts bought and let's go to some contests!

Ken Ibold said:
Anyone looked at 'em yet? Diana, here's your chance to fly Sportsman in a Citabria. It'll actually do the maneuvers this time.
If it warms up a bit more today I'm thinking of going up and trying to put the maneuvers together for the Primary. If you don't have your Pitts by next summer, would you do the Sportsman in your Citabria?

Diana said:
If it warms up a bit more today I'm thinking of going up and trying to put the maneuvers together for the Primary. If you don't have your Pitts by next summer, would you do the Sportsman in your Citabria?
Dunno. If not for the hammerhead, probably. I stink at hammerheads, because I'm so leery of a tailslide I don't wait long enough, and so I never practice them.

Ken Ibold said:
Dunno. If not for the hammerhead, probably. I stink at hammerheads, because I'm so leery of a tailslide I don't wait long enough, and so I never practice them.
I'd gladly trade a competition roll in a Citabria for a hammerhead at this point. The roll is going to be the biggest stumbling block.

Back