2005 Albuqerque International Special Shapes Glowdeo

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Last night, I decided to tell my boss to stick it, and that I refused to work any more of their mandatory overtime. I had the opportunity to take my niece to the Special Shapes Glowdeo last night instead.....no brainer decision for me. Here's some pictures. I have now determined that the glow doesn't appear as well on film as it does in person.

Btw - this was the evening after Erin had her chemo. In that one shot, she doesn't look very healthy, but I can assure you that feels much better than she looks :yes:

NickDBrennan said:
Btw - this was the evening after Erin had her chemo. In that one shot, she doesn't look very healthy, but I can assure you that feels much better than she looks :yes:
Bless her little heart, she looks pretty, and happy to be hanging out with the likes of you. Bless your heart, too, for being such a good uncle!

Nice, Nick.
I flew into the now-defunct Coronado years ago in my 150 to see it... I thought I would sleep on the ground around the campers but those folks stayed up all night! The glow went til after midnight, then they started to get ready for the morning launch a few hours later. Also saw a Helium balloon race launch, they ended up somewhere in the NE USA as I recall.

Let'sgoflying! said:
Nice, Nick.
I flew into the now-defunct Coronado years ago in my 150 to see it... I thought I would sleep on the ground around the campers but those folks stayed up all night! The glow went til after midnight, then they started to get ready for the morning launch a few hours later. Also saw a Helium balloon race launch, they ended up somewhere in the NE USA as I recall.

Yeah, they do the helium balloon race every year. I heard this year they landed early because they got bad weather info that turned out to be wrong. I'm not so sure its really a race so much as an endurance challenge, but fun either way. Its Albuquerque's only claim to fame (besides crime)

NickDBrennan said:
Yeah, they do the helium balloon race every year. I heard this year they landed early because they got bad weather info that turned out to be wrong. I'm not so sure its really a race so much as an endurance challenge, but fun either way. Its Albuquerque's only claim to fame (besides crime)
didn't some belgium guys end up in Canada after flying up to and through Maine?

That's a long dang trip in a balloon, I'd think!

What a lucky little girl to have an uncle like you.
Life is short. Eat dessert first.

What Carol said!
I'm glad you both had fun. Her smile says it all.

Terry

Back