2004 F/A-18F fighter jets and an unknown object

A lot goes on that we don't know about, especially out there in Nevada. And many other places.

clinton.jpg

Last edited:
I used to work at Wright-Patterson AFB in Building 18. Since the tinfoil hat crowd kept insisting we had aliens (or whatever) in a Hangar 18 on WPAFB and Project Blue Book was run out of WPAFB, we would periodically get “news” crews wandering around with the Public Affairs toads looking for the little green men in our building since there never was a Hangar 18.

Wish I had a Senator who would fund me with $22m to investigate this crap.

Cheers

Unknown?! It was a...oops, never mind, that was a Growler.

Nauga,
and dumps coming on

When people claim to observe truly unusual phenomena, sometimes it’s worth investigating seriously,” she said.

But, she added, “what people sometimes don’t get about science is that we often have phenomena that remain unexplained.”

I think if we all start telling them we are "with you" on the radio we'll be okay. :cool:

There are aliens out there. Maybe not here, but hopefully somewhere.

When I was 10 years old I saw a light on the horizon, about 2 miles away. It was keyhole shaped, and was a flickering light that went on and off. I asked my dad what that was and he did not know.

When I was 48, I saw a hot air balloon doing the night time light show. Exactly like what I saw 38 years earlier.

When I was 10 years old I saw a light on the horizon, about 2 miles away. It was keyhole shaped, and was a flickering light that went on and off. I asked my dad what that was and he did not know.

When I was 48, I saw a hot air balloon doing the night time light show. Exactly like what I saw 38 years earlier.
Were you near Roswell? If so the ufo coverup worked...

Last edited:
Unlike some other things that one cannot see or prove, when it comes to aliens, I remain agnostic. It is difficult to believe with the trillions of stars in the universe that our little earth is the only planet that has developed intelligent life. Yet, I have not seen any proof that they do exist or have visited us. In regards to the latter, I believe if they had visited, it would be widely known and proven, not some US government deep state coverup.

Unlike some other things that one cannot see or prove, when it comes to aliens, I remain agnostic. It is difficult to believe with the trillions of stars in the universe that our little earth is the only planet that has developed intelligent life. Yet, I have not seen any proof that they do exist or have visited us. In regards to the latter, I believe if they had visited, it would be widely known and proven, not some US government deep state coverup.

I agree with you. I believe that with the billions of galaxies, and billions of stars in each galaxy, the odds of intelligent life existing elsewhere in he universe asymptotically approach 1. However, the physics of interstellar travel are extremely daunting. I suspect that we will finally confirm the existance of intelligent life elsewhere by picking up radio signals. That search, also, is quite challenging. Barney Oliver, the founder of Hewlett Packard Labs, wrote some interesting papers on the challenges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prove that earth has intelligent life please. Thank you.

I agree with a little different thought. Somewhere in all of the galaxies there has to be at least a single cell organism.

We’re you near Roswell? If so the ufo coverup worked...

My thoughts on the Roswell "cover up."

So aliens from the closest galaxy traveled 10 light years to visit earth. They have the technology to build a space ship, make and survive such a trip and return to their home galaxy.

So they navigated across the vast emptiness of space accurately.

Then they crashed on earth..???? Their alien piloting skills were that bad? Really?

Not buying that story.

They hadn't done a single takeoff or landing in ten light years. Obviously they weren't current.

Ron Wanttaja
Not to mention non-standard airports/coms/atmosphere. Those particular UFOs were designed for an atmosphere more like Venus. The were always on the edge of a stall.

The closest I've ever been to seeing aliens and flying saucers is watching unmarked 737's fly in an out of McCarran.

My thoughts on the Roswell "cover up."

So aliens from the closest galaxy traveled 10 light years to visit earth. They have the technology to build a space ship, make and survive such a trip and return to their home galaxy.

So they navigated across the vast emptiness of space accurately.

Then they crashed on earth..???? Their alien piloting skills were that bad? Really?

Not buying that story.

They didn't have an AOA.

There are aliens out there. Maybe not here, but hopefully somewhere.
Perhaps interstellar travel is practically impossible for a good reason.

They hadn't done a single takeoff or landing in ten light years. Obviously they weren't current.

Ron Wanttaja
They hadn't hand-flown an approach in forever, just watched the Z1000000X Autopilot do it.

What kind of equipment is this video from? I'm curious if the pilots had a eyeball visual or this was all electronic?
Anyone with expertise? The one video it looks remarkably well tracked and as it rotates so does the horizon on the video. Is it possible this was some kind of electronic illusion?

What kind of equipment is this video from? I'm curious if the pilots had a eyeball visual or this was all electronic?
Anyone with expertise? The one video it looks remarkably well tracked and as it rotates so does the horizon on the video. Is it possible this was some kind of electronic illusion?

This.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/ASQ-228_ATFLIR

Not sure if Super Hornets have Sniper Pods yet but they produce a similar image as well.

Last edited:
This.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/ASQ-228_ATFLIR

Not sure if Super Hornets have Sniper Pods yet but they produce a similar image as well.

That was ATFLIR. No Sniper pod for the F/A-18 now, or ever. The USMC does have Litening G4 for their land based Hornets, which is way better (have flown a few flights with one) as is Sniper, but sea going F/A-18's are stuck with the abysmal ATFLIR. It is a travesty that people aren't in federal prison for their mismanagement of that acquisition program. It is probably the worst operational FLIR in the world. Not that I would expect anything less from Raytheon.

"The shadowy program — parts of it remain classified — began in 2007, and initially it was largely funded at the request of Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat who was the Senate majority leader at the time and who has long had an interest in space phenomena. Most of the money went to an aerospace research company run by a billionaire entrepreneur and longtime friend of Mr. Reid’s, Robert Bigelow, who is currently working with NASA to produce expandable craft for humans to use in space."

Hmmmm....

"The shadowy program — parts of it remain classified — began in 2007, and initially it was largely funded at the request of Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat who was the Senate majority leader at the time and who has long had an interest in space phenomena. Most of the money went to an aerospace research company run by a billionaire entrepreneur and longtime friend of Mr. Reid’s, Robert Bigelow, who is currently working with NASA to produce expandable craft for humans to use in space."

Hmmmm....

Yup. Politicians.

The thing that struck me during the exchange was the "Dude" and "Bro" radio chatter. Made me think these guys were flying..

DUDE-1.jpg

Back