200 Aviation Books

tinerj

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
tinerj
I have 200 aviation books that I will give away. I posted this in the St Louis, Missouri because that is where I live. But if you can see a way for them to be distributed to a wider audience, let me know.

Watch the YouTube video, link at end of this post.

I would like the books to earn some money for a flying club, an EAA chapter, or some other non-profit organization, while at the same time putting the books into the hands of readers who would read and value them.

One possibility is to have the books available in a reasonably secure way so a person interested in one of the books could make a donation to the organization, say $5.00, which covers the book and a donation.

Watch the video to learn more about the books. The bookcase goes with the books.

Aviation, 200 books about pilots, planes, and flying. Famous flights, bush flying, emergency rescues, exploration by plane. Non-fiction, fiction, building airplanes, be a better pilot. A huge variety of subjects, and by both well-known aviation writers, and week-end flyers with stories to tell.

Some air museums take books as donations and then either add them to their collection or offer them for sale to visitors. At least that’s what the New England Air Museum does. I’ve gotten some pretty cool books from them in the past. Probably donated by someone with a collection like yours.

Our airport (PDK in Atlanta) just put in a book sharing free library to inspire kids. If you have a few that you think are appropriate, I’ll pay for shipping.

AOPA did a piece on their social media:

I think Vintage at EAA has a book store that will accept those donations if you need a place to dispose of them.

Back