2 BT connections on iPad or?

CRQFlier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
CRQFlier
Trying to figure out what's possible.

Currently have an Apareo ESG transponder with the 2i for ADSB-in. This is tied via wifi to an iPad running foreflight so we get traffic.

We are planning on a new PS audio panel with Bluetooth and panel mount GPS (either the 175 or 375 - depending on the answers here).

We'd like to do 2 things: 2 way sync our iPad flight plan with the panel GPS and hear audio alerts (traffic, etc.) through the audio panel. For the 2 way sync and FF i believe we need a 510. But that operates on BT like the alerts would.

How do people accomplish both? Do I need to ditch the ESG? Do I need to go GNX375 with Garmin Pilot to avoid the 510 and get traffic displayed on the iPad. I feel like I'm missing something obvious/simple here?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

You should be able to connect to wifi and 2 Bluetooth things at the same time. I’d go for the 175.

You should be able to connect to wifi and 2 Bluetooth things at the same time. I’d go for the 175.
Thanks. That's what I was thinking about 2 BT but searched around and couldn't confirm our specific situation. Wish the 510 wasn't so $$$. Almost makes financial sense to go 375 and sell the ESG - except the install cost.

The 175 comes with Bluetooth. You don’t need the 510.

The 175 comes with Bluetooth. You don’t need the 510.
Everything i read on garmin and foreflight websites says i need a 510 to sync flight plans between FF and the 175. If I used GP instead of FF then no need for the 510 to sync the plans.

I believe the main advantage of the 510 is the ability to update the 175 without removing the sd card...I personally do not see removing the sd card as a big deal.

Jesse Saint knows best..

Back