2.4A USB charger (panel mount, certified)

Nope
"certified" please, GRG55
actually that one's only 2.1A ea port

Last edited:
Do you have a cigarette lighter? For $10 put a car USB charging adapter in it 100% legally.

Do you have a cigarette lighter? For $10 put a car USB charging adapter in it 100% legally.
That will certainly work, just have a decent chance of getting a noise on the intercom/radio. I had to audition a few cheap ones until I found something that worked well enough. Seems there are some reasonably priced ones these days that seem to be tailored at aircraft - hopefully they are quiet.

Why certified? Why not minor alteration?

Major alteration means an alteration not listed in the aircraft, aircraft engine, or propeller specifications -

(1) That might appreciably affect weight, balance, structural strength, performance, powerplant operation, flight characteristics, or other qualities affecting airworthiness; or

(2) That is not done according to accepted practices or cannot be done by elementary operations.

Minor alteration means an alteration other than a major alteration.

Last edited:
Care to elaborate? All kinds of non-stc/PMA/other letters have been plugged into cigarette lighters over the years. Aviation-centric companies sell USB power adapters. The connection is certainly temporary in nature.

Care to elaborate? All kinds of non-stc/PMA/other letters have been plugged into cigarette lighters over the years. Aviation-centric companies sell USB power adapters. The connection is certainly temporary in nature.
I think he means he doesn't have a cigarette lighter

yeah, no cig lighter. No chance of getting one installed on this plane either. Like the idea though.

Sometimes I hate having a certified airplane. $25 for a decent USB charger, or $350 for a legal one.

Just had the Stratus port installed. Works good. It will charge an iPad while running ForeFlight.

It will easily charge a iPad and a iPhone and keep both at 100%. Great product, but since it’s certificated... it costs like 10 times more what it should. The dealer price is less than 250 and takes about 15 mins to install.

Back