1st time at Oshkosh!

I'll be taking the family at the end of the week. Fri-Sun.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sunday through Friday.

First time; Sun night to Fri morning, wx and mx permitting.

Last edited:
Monday, day trip only.

Monday to Sunday. First timer here too. Looking forward to it... though flying commercial instead of flying myself. Maybe next year...

First timer here...getting in either Sun or Mon thru ??? Flying in and camping solo.

Yes, it's a minor heaven.
I used to walk the entire thing as soon as there was enough light - no people, dew on all the planes, completely quiet, perfect for close inspection of everything.

Leaving today, staying until the bitter end.

It's a little bit far for me.

Oh - but the monkey is supposed to be there. Get a photo with the monkey!

Flying up Friday (commercial) then taxiing Candy over to HBC Saturday or Sunday. Not sure how long I'll stay. Wed or Thur depending on the weather.

This will be my second time there. I'll probably be going every year now that I own an Experimental.

Envious in ways I can scarcely describe.

Be sure to hunt down the Honecks (note their HOPS Party invite here on PoA); they are exceptional hosts, whether you're at their grand resort in Port Aransas, or at their home-from-home in Oshkosh.

Once you've spent a few days there, you'll understand just how magic it is.

Envy. BIG envy.

Have a great time. It is almost (note I said "almost") aviation overload! :)

Not in the cards this year. My first time was last year though, and it was awesome. Y'all have fun!

Yeah, a real pity that Bo of yours isn't fast enough to fly you to Wisconsin. :p

It has gotten me there before... but I simply cannot take the time off this year.

Yes, it's a minor heaven.
I used to walk the entire thing as soon as there was enough light - no people, dew on all the planes, completely quiet, perfect for close inspection of everything.

Great idea. Definitely do this!

Oshkosh is a place for very good walking shoes (and not a fashion-oriented crowd). Done right, you'll be walking 5-15 miles per day looking at everything. Sunscreen, water bottles, good sunglasses, comfy clothes.

Oshkosh is a place where superlatives are inadequate.

I'll be there all week, mostly working. (Appareo/Stratus booth - Hangar C Booth 3145)

I'd love to meet any POAers and see the people behind the internet. Enjoyed meeting a few at Sun N Fun and would love to meet more of us!

Last edited:
Flying up Friday (commercial) then taxiing Candy over to HBC Saturday or Sunday. Not sure how long I'll stay. Wed or Thur depending on the weather.

This will be my second time there. I'll probably be going every year now that I own an Experimental.
Has your plane been home or is it still there from last year?

8th or 9th year in a row for me. I'll be there Thursday (7/28) to the end. Couldn't get there earlier this year unfortunately... Work..

Oshkosh is a place for very good walking shoes (and not a fashion-oriented crowd). Done right, you'll be walking 5-15 miles per day looking at everything. Sunscreen, water bottles, good sunglasses, comfy clothes.

Don't forget a really ugly hat too.

Don't forget a really ugly hat too.

You reminded me to stop by the Ford booth for a free hat, assuming they still do that.

I wore their free straw hat they gave out the first year I went (I think 2008?) until it finally gotten eaten by a dog.

Has your plane been home or is it still there from last year?

Sadly, it's been there the whole time. It's been flying with the new panel and prop for about 2 months. I've gone up three times and flown her, but the weather along the route home has been an issue every time. C'est la vie. This time for sure I'm grabbing a clear day and flying home.

Sunday to Sunday -- the whole enchilada, for the 34th time!

See the invite to the HOPS Party in the North 40 thread for more info.

Back