1st Class Medical with OCD

John12

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
John17
Hello all,

Right now, I am in 18 year old preparing to go to college as an aviation major. Until recently, I had no idea I might not be able to get a 1st class medical with my OCD. It’s a mild type, and I take sertraline (Zoloft) for it. I still want to be a commercial pilot, but I know the path to obtaining a 1st class medical is complicated. What should I do at this point? I just don’t want to go to college and then find out I can’t get my medical clearance. Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

Right now, I am in 18 year old preparing to go to college as an aviation major. Until recently, I had no idea I might not be able to get a 1st class medical with my OCD. It’s a mild type, and I take sertraline (Zoloft) for it. I still want to be a commercial pilot, but I know the path to obtaining a 1st class medical is complicated. What should I do at this point? I just don’t want to go to college and then find out I can’t get my medical clearance. Thanks in advance.

Perhaps see my FAA medical info page which explains a lot about the issues you will face and the need for a consult with an AME.

http://steinmetz.org/peter/flying/faaMedicalInfo.html

This is going to need the “on SSRI protocol”....prepare for a year’s work and $7k of experts.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back