1st class medical/ekg validity

Falcon900driver

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Falcon900driver
Just went to my AME to renew my medical.My last EKG was may of 2012 ,i renewd my medical Jan 2013(without an ekg)
At the doctors office they told me i should come back in july for my ekg because she said i was too early (4 months) after my last physical.
I argued that it had been 12 months since my last ekg,she told me the system( medxpress ) would kick it back because my ekg is due six months after my last medical not neccessarily 12 months after my last ekg .We called the FAA from her office and they had the same answer.Anybody have the same experience?

If any part of your First class privileges will take you >12 months from the EKG, the AME needs to issue you a time limited certificate limited to the end date of the 12 month anniversary of the month of that EKG. He doesn't have the authority to do so, but could with a phone call to the agency.

It's freaking trivial to do it again, most airmen want the whole 12 months (I see you are under 40) as it costs less than the extra exam.

I know, you are a regional FO who needs to have a First class, as of July 1.
Just get the EKG with the new physcial. There is no economy in partial medicals........

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back