1st class medical and crohns disease

KUROWP

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Pere
Hello I'm currently working on my ppl with the though of getting my commercial. When I was a teenager I had crohns/ colitis. About ten years ago I had my colon removed and have been symptom free ever since. I no longer take any medications. Besides that, no other health issues. My main concern if I was asked to provide more information from my doctors that I would be unable to, since I no longer see a doctor. Could this be a potential issue for me?

Alas, this is a mandatory deferral since you underwent "surgical intervention." You're likely going to need a current status report, so either find your old gastroenterologist or line up a new one.
That's my uneducated guess. One of the docs will be along shortly. You might get off with a quick review from the RFS.

Alas, this is a mandatory deferral since you underwent "surgical intervention." You're likely going to need a current status report, so either find your old gastroenterologist or line up a new one.
That's my uneducated guess. One of the docs will be along shortly. You might get off with a quick review from the RFS.

Thanks, I'm a bit worried about it, I dont wantcto have to through tons of money at it to get cleared, and likewise, I dont want to waste money on the lessons if I find that I'll have to jump through hoops to get a medical

My educated non-guess is that you need a dissertation from you PCP stating that you had this condition at such and such an age, had the surgical intervention in year XXYYZZZZ, and have had no symptoms nor need of medication since year AABBCCCC. It's even stronger if you supply the operative note, the path report, and discharge summary from that hospitalization.

That should do it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back