1st & 2nd Solo in the logbook

Kitch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kitch
So after many delays for work, weather, and covid I finally got my initial solo endorsement on Sunday afternoon winds were dead calm. I was pleased with all 3 landings. I've been trying to describe to my family and friends what it felt like, but there really are no words to describe it IMHO. Yesterday was solo #2 wind was 200-220 at 5 using runway 24. 2 landings I was happy with 1 I came in a touch fast floated a bit and ballooned a bit added a touch of power to slow the descent rate and touched down easy. I'm still alive and the airplane is still usable so we are good. I cant remember the last time I was this excited about something. I'm usually pretty unemotional and after my 1st solo my instructor says wow I've never seen you smile....

Attachments

• solo3.jpg
    solo3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 43
  • solo5.jpg
    solo5.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 42
  • solo6.JPG
    solo6.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 43
Congratulations, Pilot!

My first solo was just over 30 years ago.

The Billboard #1 song was "It Must Have Been Love" by Roxette.

And I still remember it as if it was yesterday.

Congrats... few things in the world compare to that feeling. Many, MANY more flying adventures to you!

Congrats! You have accomplished what so few ever will. Huge accomplishment! Many more will be in your future soon...

I am jealous! Congrats man!

Another milestone passed. There will be many more that are similarly rewarding. Enjoy the challenge!

My 3 first solos each brought a smile to my face

April 13, 1985 - TH-55 at Hooper Stagefield, Ft.Rucker, AL
April 13, 2015 - SGS 2-33A - Soaring Club of Houston
June 4, 2020 - Jabiru 250SP at KDNN

Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm usually pretty unemotional and after my 1st solo my instructor says wow I've never seen you smile....

Flying (especially after your first solo!) will do that to you. Congratulations!

Thanks for the kind words !!

My instructor videoed my 1st landing, I think I've watched it 1000 times LOL.

Congratulations
I'm saving my solo for my 80th birthday present.
A month and a day away.
I had planed on being licensed but this covoid thingy got in the way.
Haven't been up since March 9th . Wife's medical problems , no flying , instructor with covoid , just the normal run of "stuff". :)

Back