1st $100 Hamburger (for 2)

Flyer86

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
(TAMPA) 1st $100 Hamburger (for 2)

Well, Im finally back up in the air and I'm looking to take my wife out for a couple hours from Albert Whitted (SPG) for a bite to eat in some interesting place. Anyone have some good recommendations within a 1 hour flight time of whitted? Any cool sights? Other than the skyway and desoto of course. I havent flown in the area really yet, so I dont really know what to go look for. :dunno:

Last edited:
Fly the coast to Venice kvnc, they have a great diner on airport,or walk to sharkys on the pier,watch the tourists and enjoy some good food.

If you wanna spend more time in the air other than KVNC, head to KAPF (Naples). There's an awesome BBQ place within a short walking distance from the airport called Michelbob's. You can also get a crew car for a few hours for no charge. I was there top of December, very nice airport and staff and of course, great food.

Not exactly a "hamburger" but the ribs were VERY good. Pic of my meal attached :). I skipped lunch to eat it, but man it was worth it, especially since I had to go through 2 hours of hard IMC down and back to get it lol..

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 41
Well, I ended up going down to Punta Gorda. It was a nice little hop down under the C airspace and just over the 50 NM for some cross country. Good tower and fbo.

Mmmmmmmm michelbobs is soooo good. Did many an xc there in the low and slow 150.

Also check out KCDK (Cedar Key) for an awesome flight with the wife.

Back