1ft diameter Spot Landing - Passenger touches down first!

skidoo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
skidoo
See Photo.

Attachments

• HLR_1104.jpg
    HLR_1104.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 210
Nice shot. The passenger doesn’t seem to happy about the meal.

Did he check weight and balances before taking off with his "passenger?"

imgres

Nooooooooo!
I've been watching 4 different Osprey nests while fishing (all have successfully hatched at least one, waiting for them to fledge). Two of the nests are on poles installed right on a busy interstate. They completely ignore the car traffic but when I get within 100 yards in a boat, the adult birds first squawk at me, then fly off and continue squawking. Thousands of cars, no problem, guy in boat, could be trouble. One of us is going to get the next carp!

imgres

Nooooooooo!
I've been watching 4 different Osprey nests while fishing (all have successfully hatched at least one, waiting for them to fledge). Two of the nests are on poles installed right on a busy interstate. They completely ignore the car traffic but when I get within 100 yards in a boat, the adult birds first squawk at me, then fly off and continue squawking. Thousands of cars, no problem, guy in boat, could be trouble. One of us is going to get the next carp!

We have a pole setup at our house about halfway down the dock. Have had it up for about 7 years. Recently added a camera to it but a lightning storm took it out about a month ago. When it's up and running you can get to it by ospreypole.com We have to wait until they leave before we try getting another camera setup for next year. Yeah they sure do like squawking at you. They used to squawk and fly off every time we walked down the dock but now they just usually whistle at you and stay put. They have always had either 2 or 3 eggs but only the 2 strongest make it out of the nest. We had 2 eggs this year and both babies have been flying for several weeks now and just started fishing a couple weeks ago.

Back