1994 Socata TB9 For Sale

I think he was asking 38k
I see the ad is not up but he posted a photo on fb last night with his little boy in the plane so I don't think it has sold.

This is it:
If you want, I can give you his number.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 8X10.jpg
    8X10.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 392
I hope the plane went to a great home.

The Tampico, other than being a gutless wonder is one of the nicest planes I have flown. I bought mine to finish up my ticket in (a week before my checkride, the rental 172 decided to drop the single-shaft dual mag for a second time) and I spent the next two months shopping for what started as a pipe dream and ended up being a dream plane.

I see there's another ex Parks plane on Ebay now for 41k. A little high on time for my liking, but you can't go wrong, or fast, with a Tampico.

Excellent type club over at Socata.org as well.

I just figured out another reason you and your Dad purchased the Cirrus.... you guys have an addiction to gull wing doors.

I always thought the Tampico would be an interesting choice. Seems you'd get a nice big cabin without a lot of the big boy expenses you'd find in something such as a Commander.

Are parts hard to come by? Would MX be appreciably more expensive than something like a low end Cherokee or Cessna?

And once you get used to a low wing with a door ON THE CORRECT SIDE...... :)

I agree. Similar to a Trinidad in configuration, most reasonable A&P's will work on them. Everything is out in the open. Get my parts from the TBM dealer a couple hours away. 80% US parts anyhow...it's just the chintzy stuff like the door struts and trim pieces that have to come from the dealer... Oh and the fuel drain, but that's another story!

Well built, underpowered, but comfortable enough for my 6'6" frame and the wife and kid.

When I outgrow it, I'll probably buy a Trinidad.

I agree. Similar to a Trinidad in configuration, most reasonable A&P's will work on them. Everything is out in the open. Get my parts from the TBM dealer a couple hours away. 80% US parts anyhow...it's just the chintzy stuff like the door struts and trim pieces that have to come from the dealer... Oh and the fuel drain, but that's another story!

Well built, underpowered, but comfortable enough for my 6'6" frame and the wife and kid.

When I outgrow it, I'll probably buy a Trinidad.

I've got a TB-21 for sale if that outgrow happens soon. :)

I always thought the Tampico would be an interesting choice. Seems you'd get a nice big cabin without a lot of the big boy expenses you'd find in something such as a Commander.

Are parts hard to come by? Would MX be appreciably more expensive than something like a low end Cherokee or Cessna?

I worked on a Trinidad that lived on our ramp, no complaints about being able to work on it, and Socata has a pretty good parts network here and abroad. I can't recall any issues he had with it.

Did the guy ever sell this?

No, he stored it for a month in a pickling solution of lawn fertilizer and sour beer. After the month the hangar was opened there was and SR-22. Now we all know how Cirrus are made. :D

Okay, okay, I admit that I made that up. I believe it sold several months ago and now he has a SR-22.

I sold it but the buyer is now selling it.
He bought it for his kid to train in but the kid gave up flying.
Now dad is looking to part ways with the plane.

I can connect you to him if you want his contact info.

If you want to pm me his info that would be great

How much would insurance be for a student pilot? I'm paying $116/hr to rent a POS 172. A t-hangar here is $125 a month. Trying to decide if it's worth it to buy.

How much would insurance be for a student pilot? I'm paying $116/hr to rent a POS 172. A t-hangar here is $125 a month. Trying to decide if it's worth it to buy.

Depends on the hull value you place on the plane. 30k on mine and I pay 670 a year. But I'm not a student and I have an instrument ticket with 200 hours. I would suspect it wouldn't be much more. I paid slightly more last year.

I fly up to TUP a good bit just because. Next time I come up I'll let you know and we can fly and talk planes if you'd like.

Depends on the hull value you place on the plane. 30k on mine and I pay 670 a year. But I'm not a student and I have an instrument ticket with 200 hours. I would suspect it wouldn't be much more. I paid slightly more last year.

I fly up to TUP a good bit just because. Next time I come up I'll let you know and we can fly and talk planes if you'd like.

That'd be awesome! I'm assuming you know Doye?

In that plane, I paid $400 / year. I was a student

Was that you paid an additional $400/year as a named insured and your father paid the main insurance? If not, I need to use your broker!

I have paid about $600/year for 1M/250K/250K in the past. Commercial with instrument. 400-500 hours.

This year I am paying just under $1000, but I upped it to $1M smooth.

39K hull value.

Was that you paid an additional $400/year as a named insured and your father paid the main insurance? If not, I need to use your broker!

I have paid about $600/year for 1M/250K/250K in the past. Commercial with instrument. 400-500 hours.

This year I am paying just under $1000, but I upped it to $1M smooth.

39K hull value.

Whoops.thanks for keeping me honest.
It was 800.

400 was my share

And I can attest Bryan was getting his money's worth from that aircraft. Wasn't hardly a time I was out at the airport that he wasn't landing, taking off, or passing overhead.

I had a few rides in it. Roomy, comfortable, stable and an excellent low wing view. Not something I'd want to go super long distances with due to its "trainer" top speed. But it's an honest 2 person/full fuel/baggage aircraft that will do a fine job for a student pilot and then time/experience builder.

And I remember watching him make what might have been one of his best landings ever.... but it would have been perfect if the elevation of the runway was 2-feet higher.

Last edited:
BrYan...just curious...what is your share of the SR22 insurance? I imagine it doubled?

Well it actually quadrupled. :hairraise:

BUT. zero hours in type, Zero hours in HP when we switched.
We just renewed and submitted our current stats to the insurance company and both w/ a little over 100 hours in the plane, it is supposed to come down.

At 500 total hours it would cut in half from the initial rate.
IFR + a smaller chunk of hours would cut it in half as well.

Not sure I will ever get IFR but I will probably have the 500 in 2017

And I remember watching him make what might have been one of his best landings ever.... but it would have been perfect if the elevation of the runway was 2-feet higher.
:lol::lol::lol:

I've never had a good landing w/ a POA member nearby.
When y'all are not around I grease every one I swear :lol:

Not sure I will ever get IFR but I will probably have the 500 in 2017

If you don't use Brandon for your CFI-I, the fellow I am using this week (Howard Hurlbut) is good and very fair on his rate. Plus he is a former DPE (was on staff with US Aviation).

With a go someplace plane you got, you really should consider it. It would make the utility so much greater for you.

And N25MV is an awesome aircraft for the rating.

With a go someplace plane you got, you really should consider it. It would make the utility so much greater for you.

I get that and I like having the Cirrus but I am more of a slow and low kinda pilot in my ideal flying scenario.
I plan on buying something much more in the "fly to breakfast" category this year.

Dad will likely sell the Cirrus in a few years and I can't afford to take it of his hands. It has been an outstanding experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I signed up for 2 IFR courses and both times it reminded me why I got in to flying. Really just to fly. I am enamored with flight. Being able to go somewhere is cool but not cool enough to warrant a ton effort. Also hard to justify dropping the money / time when in the last 300 hours, I have managed to get my fix w/o it.

Some people golf or mountain bike. I just want to fly around.
Cirrus is not great for that.

I could almost pull the trigger on an aerobat. Fly to breakfast and throw in a couple rolls on the way :)

She wants 4 seats just in case we need em though.

Buy my Archer and I'll go get my Lance.

I'd like to hear more about the Archer. Send me a PM. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to convince the parentals. I'm planning on flying a LOT over the next few years, so this would save a lot of money over renting. Plus, it's nicer.

Back