NealRomeoGolf

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
NRG
I almost hit magic 200 yesterday. Totaled up the logbook and I am at 199.6. Maybe I should have slowed down on my flight to and from Michigan. But hey, I have now added Michigan to my list of states landed in. And 200 isn't really magic. You guys say that is the danger zone. I will try not to be dangerous (although my landing yesterday sure felt dangerous - stupid crosswind gusts). Nearly 4 years to go from checkride to 200, but for 3 of those years I was living overseas with no plane. I have already done over 10 hours in the last few weeks since being back. Nice to be flying again. If things go the way I want them to, I should be at 300 in less than 9 months.....maybe even before year end.

You’re always in the danger zone. Complacency can creep up on the 200th hour or the 20,000th hour, and anywhere before, between, and beyond.

Happy almost 200th hour. Celebrate your milestones, but enjoy every hour and try to learn something new on every flight...and have fun!

You and I need to hook up and grab some South Street Smokehouse. I think Indiana is well opened back up now right?

Yep. We are at Stage 4 of 5. Restaurants are able to max out at 75% occupancy, with social distancing. I am available except 6/17-21.

Congrats! And definitely keep sharp and maybe now is a good time to slow down. The only emergency I've experienced so far was around 205 hours. Coincidence, sure, but it's always a good time to slow down.

Last week I was adding my flight to the logbook and ended up at 249.9 hours. I should have rolled past the first taxiway! Three flights this past weekend and I blew through 250 without fanfare (actually probably blew through it at run up) but go celebrate every milestone!

Back