1986 Mooney 252

Fast n' Furious

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iJustLanded
My 1986 Mooney 252 is up for sale. Fully loaded, exceptionally well cared for and meticulously maintained. 2110 TT and 580 SMOH. Happy to provide a spec sheet and pictures for the asking. hawker-800@hotmail.com

Attachments

• MB2.jpg
    MB2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 108
  • MB3.jpg
    MB3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 125
  • MB6.jpg
    MB6.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
One of these days... it will be the "right time and place and situation" for me. I wish this was one of those days! That's a nice bird.

My friend's Hunter Passage 42 that he sailed away for five years (ended up in Australia) was named "Someday is Now."
One of these days... it will be the "right time and place and situation" for me. I wish this was one of those days! That's a nice bird.

My friend's Hunter Passage 42 that he sailed away for five years (ended up in Australia) was named "Someday is Now."

+1! That's great. I like living indoors and having a wife and kids that still respect and love me, so "someday" will have to remain "someday" for the time being! But I'm working towards it!

They say having "something to look forward to" is the best way to avoid depression and all those other neck-up maladies.

+1! That's great. I like living indoors and having a wife and kids that still respect and love me, so "someday" will have to remain "someday" for the time being! But I'm working towards it!

Nice. Been thinking of a name for the plane, has a much better ring than the usual collection of four letter words I use. Or maybe "Alaska Stimulus" :frown3:

John, that's tempting. But Leslie and I aren't small people, and we like to go into grass strips. And we know that Mooney's can't do grass strips! :rofl:

(I'm hoping people will try to convince me to go further into debt to spend money I don't have to buy a plane I want but don't need!)

Last edited:
Grant, personally, I think you should spend money you don't have buying an airplane you want but don't need.

:D

I'll agree with Andrew on this one. John's Mooney is as nice as you'll find, and plus that little turbo engine is a really sweet option in my opinion. The one thing I really wished that the Mooney I flew had was a turbo. I've even personally witnessed that particular Mooney land on a grass strip.

As to the not small comment, I believe that John's is a "widebody" Mooney. The M20F I flew (also the wider one) was not short on interior space. While I'm pretty thin, I've flown in it with plenty of "not small" people and never felt too close for comfort. Although if they hadn't showered in a few days I might have felt differently.

Grant, spend money you don't have to buy something you don't need. This has been a public service announcement. ;)

AFAIK, a Breezy is the only airplane suitable for hauling the unwashed.

I'll agree with Andrew on this one. John's Mooney is as nice as you'll find, and plus that little turbo engine is a really sweet option in my opinion. The one thing I really wished that the Mooney I flew had was a turbo. I've even personally witnessed that particular Mooney land on a grass strip.

As to the not small comment, I believe that John's is a "widebody" Mooney. The M20F I flew (also the wider one) was not short on interior space. While I'm pretty thin, I've flown in it with plenty of "not small" people and never felt too close for comfort. Although if they hadn't showered in a few days I might have felt differently.

Grant, spend money you don't have to buy something you don't need. This has been a public service announcement. ;)

AFAIK, a Breezy is the only airplane suitable for hauling the unwashed.

Or an Aircam (the plane designed for National Geographic missions):

aircam-inflight.jpg

John correct me if I'm wrong but it has one of those AMBER marker beacon lights right? ;)

Many say the 252 is the best Mooney ever. If I were to be able to upgrade my Mooney, I would be looking for a 252.

Many say the 252 is the best Mooney ever. If I were to be able to upgrade my Mooney, I would be looking for a 252.

...or what you really want, a Bonanza! :D

I'd think it would be pretty easy for a guy who's already admitted to flying a Lear. I mean c'mon, it can't be much worse than that. :rofl:
I'm not quite ready yet to come out of the closet.

My 1986 Mooney 252 is up for sale. Fully loaded, exceptionally well cared for and meticulously maintained. 2110 TT and 580 SMOH. Happy to provide a spec sheet and pictures for the asking. hawker-800@hotmail.com

Again? :( I hope you're upgrading...

So I'd love to have a 252. But I bet you'd love to get more $ for it than I can give you. :D

(Grant: You NEED a 182. You fly enough that you'd almost certainly save money. But I don't think the Mooney is the right bird for you - And you know you love the 182!)

Kent, why does Grant need a 182? He and Leslie like to fly on longish trips, and when it's just to the two of them, the Mooney allows for further trips in less time, and has plenty of useful load for them and their luggage. Believe me, you can pack a Mooney pretty well. Been there, done that. Three humans (one about your size), two dogs (60 lbs each), and luggage.

Kent, why does Grant need a 182? He and Leslie like to fly on longish trips, and when it's just to the two of them, the Mooney allows for further trips in less time, and has plenty of useful load for them and their luggage. Believe me, you can pack a Mooney pretty well. Been there, done that. Three humans (one about your size), two dogs (60 lbs each), and luggage.

Purely comfort reasons. Mooneys are great for long-legged folks like you and I, though I'm bordering on too wide m'self! (I wouldn't want to ride in a Mooney with another one of me. ;)) :eek:

I remember Leslie not being comfortable in the DA40, I'm pretty sure she'd be miserable in the Mooney - And Grant might be too. (Especially if Leslie is. ;))

The 182's more upright seating position is also much more comfortable for those of us who are less flexible - I always end up with a backache after flying one of the race-car cockpit airplanes for more than a couple hours; I've flown the 182 for well over 8 hours in a day multiple times and still been comfortable at the end.

Well, we did investigate the 252, and it's SO tempting. But the price, while justified, is more than we can bear right now, and I do have concerns about physical comfort with both of us in there. The speed, range, and payload, however, are tempting!

OOOOOOOOOOOklahoma where the rain comes sweeping down the plainzzzzzzzz - check for ruck, check for rust !! Zinc chromate, zinc chromate Squawk - Over and Out!

Back