1985 Cessna 182RG - Skywatch, KFC-200, etc - $93,500

TomATL

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
TomATL
A growing family is making me think about upgrading to a bigger bird (a Cessna 210, or even a Baron). As a result, I'm placing this incredibly well-equipped and maintained 1985 182RG for sale. All details are available here N64027

It is a former FBI plane, which means high time, great maintenance and an over-the-top avionics suite. This one differs from most of its sister ships in that it has Skywatch and a three-bladed prop.

The annual was completed last week (May 2014). It has always been hangared and is a very nice to look at and to fly. It's based at PDK in Atlanta now.

Please write or PM if you have any questions.

Tom

Attachments

• rsz_photo_25.jpg
    rsz_photo_25.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 257
One of the best "selling an airplane" websites I've seen.

Edit: The picture thumbnails are too small to be able to look at anything too closely. Other than that, well done.

One of the best "selling an airplane" websites I've seen.

Edit: The picture thumbnails are too small to be able to look at anything too closely. Other than that, well done.

Pictures have been slightly embiggened, to use the most screenspace available. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tom

I presume this is being sold "by owner".
I ask because I would have to sell my 172 first and if I can buy and sell (trade) in one transaction, I won't have to pay sales tax on the value of my trade-in. Of course, a broker commission will probably be even larger than the sales tax.

Other than the high engine time, this looks very close to what I am looking for.

A growing family is making me think about upgrading to a bigger bird (a Cessna 210, or even a Baron). As a result, I'm placing this incredibly well-equipped and maintained 1985 182RG for sale. All details are available here N64027

It is a former FBI plane, which means high time, great maintenance and an over-the-top avionics suite. This one differs from most of its sister ships in that it has Skywatch and a three-bladed prop.

The annual was completed last week (May 2014). It has always been hangared and is a very nice to look at and to fly. It's based at PDK in Atlanta now.

Please write or PM if you have any questions.

Tom

I presume this is being sold "by owner".
I ask because I would have to sell my 172 first and if I can buy and sell (trade) in one transaction, I won't have to pay sales tax on the value of my trade-in. Of course, a broker commission will probably be even larger than the sales tax.

Other than the high engine time, this looks very close to what I am looking for.

I am the owner, and I own it as an individual (had to pay sales tax when buying it because it was owned by a corporation. Here in GA, the casual sale rule applies if selling to another individual.)

Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that I've updated the selling website for the airplane with a couple of essays based on the feedback I've received so far, and with additional resources for people interested in the model.

The full page is here: www.tdmcgurk.wix.com/N64027

A direct link to the new resources is here: http://tdmcgurk.wix.com/n64027#!resources/cxll

Thanks for the visits and the comments from this site, and please let me know if you have any thoughts on the improvements.

Best Regards,
Tom McGurk

Traffic has been great, and I've had a few offers since going live with this site earlier this summer (I'd like to get closer to my listing price, so I haven't parted with the plane yet). Thanks for all the traffic and the comments.

I wanted to let you all know that I've updated website to include most recent oil analysis report.

I also availed myself of an offer here on the site and got this wonderful piece of artwork from Sylvain Artu that I thought a few of you would enjoy seeing. He does great work, and he was very responsive. If you're considering memorializing your plane this way, I can recommend Sylvain without reservation.

Happy Flying,
Tom

Last edited:
With a site like that, I'm surprised it hasn't sold.

Great website, Tom! Your experience mirrors the process we went thru when we got our ex-FBI 182RG. The maintenance they did on these birds was amazing!...but of course there was no lack of (our tax) money for the process. We're a couple years and a couple hundred hours in, with trips to both coasts, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Several people locally agree with our assessment of the 182RG model. We have 3 on the field and another 15 miles down the road. All the owners are happy campers.

Good luck with the sale!

Jim

PS- ...Living in OSU country, we particularly like the color scheme our aircraft share :)

Last edited:
Great website, Tom! Your experience mirrors the process we went thru when we got our ex-FBI 182RG. The maintenance they did on these birds was amazing!...but of course there was no lack of (our tax) money for the process. We're a couple years and a couple hundred hours in, with trips to both coasts, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Several people locally agree with our assessment of the 182RG model. We have 3 on the field and another 15 miles down the road. All the owners are happy campers.

Good luck with the sale!

Jim

PS- ...Living in OSU country, we particularly like the color scheme our aircraft share :)

Jim, thanks for the note. I actually went up and down the serial numbers recently on one of the aircraft photo sites and found quite a few "sister ships" to N64027 that look just like ours. (There are quite a few that have made their way overseas as well). Apparently the government got a great deal on white, gray and burgundy paint around that period of time.

The plane has been a gem, I've really loved owning and flying it.

Nice web site and good looking airplane,maybe you should go into the brokerage business.

Very nice plane :) would be ideal for me if I had the cash. Complex, RG, 182 so lots of space, good usable..I'm really surprised this one hasn't sold yet.

Very nice plane :) would be ideal for me if I had the cash. Complex, RG, 182 so lots of space, good usable..I'm really surprised this one hasn't sold yet.

Haven't been pushing it very hard until now. We just learned that our family is moving to Arkansas this summer, and the plane won't be nearly as useful to me there. Time to move her!

Haven't been pushing it very hard until now. We just learned that our family is moving to Arkansas this summer, and the plane won't be nearly as useful to me there. Time to move her!

Huh? You understand that Arkansas has very few roads, right? Especially northern Arkansas.

And the few that they do have go in circles. The saying "you can't get there from here" originated there.

:)

When I lived near Branson, I once drove to a neighbors house. A house I could see from the top of my mountain. It took me 45 minutes to get there. He answered the door, I said "I just gained a full understanding of why there are so many imbreds around here!"

:confused:

Please put this on leaseback somewhere in ATL, preferably on the N side. I might even drive to LZU to fly something this nice. I will treat her like I owned her.

Thank You

Well, I just bought a Turbo Lance. We may be able to work out a club relationship when you get here.

Back