1980 Cessna 172N Skyhawk II POH ?

kimberlyanne546

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know where I can find an electronic version of this POH?

I was hoping to study it tonight / tomorrow before my checkout in Petaluma in the morning. Not sure if it will help save me money, since I'm going with my instructor who knows my skill level very well, but I'm most interested in the V-Speeds and Weight and Balance / Useful load etc.

Thanks for your help.

Kimberly

I just googled it and the first 2 items wpuld work for you....

Darn it now I feel stupid. I just remember when looking for my little 152 POH it wasn't easy to find.

Wait what exactly did you type into Google? I typed the title of this thread and only $40 POH's came up. Maybe we did a different search?

http://www.askacfi.com/628/c172-poh.htm

Try that, it has a PDF file you can download and remember that it a flight information book not an official poh but it certainly has the info that you'll need except for the W/B for the plane that you'll be using.

That is for a 1978 and mine is a 1980.

How much could have possibly changed?

My rental 172 has that digital tach with the red / yellow / green lights and the runup calculations (RPM drop).

I imagine most of the standard bits are standard. Your CFI will go over the poh for the plane you're flying tomorrow anyway, besides tonight you have to get organized for your date!

Last edited:
I imagine most of the standard bits are standard. Your CFI will go over the poh for the plane you're flying tomorrow anyway, besides tonight you have to get organized for your date!

Is that what you call it over there? Getting organized? I try not to try too hard on a first date. I mean yes I need time to get ready and everything but I also can't show up in a ballgown or they will have nothing to look forward to.

Is that what you call it over there? Getting organized? I try not to try too hard on a first date. I mean yes I need time to get ready and everything but I also can't show up in a ballgown or they will have nothing to look forward to.

Well, that might be a slight exaggeration! :devil:

http://www.askacfi.com/628/c172-poh.htm

Try that, it has a PDF file you can download and remember that it a flight information book not an official poh but it certainly has the info that you'll need except for the W/B for the plane that you'll be using.

I think that's the one that only has the first seven chapters. I've done quite a bit of looking, and haven't been able to find a complete one on line.

Impress your CFI and read it on take off. Multitasking is always a great way to get on their good side. ;)

Just get -a- 172 POH and call it a day. Adjust the W/B for what you will be flying and note the systems differences. If I got a separate POH for every variation of 172 I flew in training I'd have several hundreds of pounds of small paper books.

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know where I can find an electronic version of this POH?

I was hoping to study it tonight / tomorrow before my checkout in Petaluma in the morning. Not sure if it will help save me money, since I'm going with my instructor who knows my skill level very well, but I'm most interested in the V-Speeds and Weight and Balance / Useful load etc.

Thanks for your help.

Kimberly

Here you go.

Google-Fu search:

"filetype:pdf +1980 +Cessna +172N"

First result on page 2.

Here you go.

Google-Fu search:

"filetype:pdf +1980 +Cessna +172N"

First result on page 2.

Good find. I tried the same method to look for one for a 182S model, but no luck, although I did find an FBO-created booklet that has some of the information in it.

Bumped for gratitude! Google search showed this thread as #4 hit.

Back