1978 Airman's Information Manual

C

craighaggart

Would anyone like a 34-year-old AIM? My wife and I have been cleaning out the garage and came across some stuff from back when I was a student pilot.

Hate to just toss it out. It's tatty and torn and the back cover is missing, but it's a blast from the past. Dated May 1976. Happy to just stick it in an envelope and mail it to anyone interested in Ye Semi-Olden Days. If nobody claims it soon, it'll end up in the recycling bin and will likely be turned into bran muffins or whatever it is they do with recycled paper.

The cover drawing alone is worth keeping, and the "Pilot/Controller Glossary" in the back is also a must-have item. (It includes those vague terms everyone desperately needs a definition for, such as "night," "that is correct," and the always-confusing "immediately.")

aim1976.jpg

Very cool offer but as a recovering pack rat I must regretfully decline this tempting offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got my dad's one from the 60's..
Its 1/4" thick...
Yeah, this one is also about 1/4 inch thick -- and half of it consists of the glossary! Does the one from the 1960s also have a cover that looks as though it was drawn by a kid with crayons?

I have the CAA Pilot's Power Plant Manual from 1940, Practical Air Navigation ( 1940 and 1945 editions ) and a pamphlet from Associated Aviation Underwrites on Keeping ahead of the Weather from 1940

Craig,
I'd be interested in this. Email me at xaminmo at yahoo.com and we'll coordinate.

Somewhere in my "stuff" is an early 1950's manual for the Sperry Zero Reader. Cutting edge stuff at the time. Quaint now.:wink2:

Back