1976 Cessna 310R - $67k

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
A friend of mine his selling his Cessna 310R. I have no financial (or otherwise) interest in this plane, but I'm sharing it because it's a good airplane that I have flown in and would have no problems recommending.

No de-ice on it, one low time engine and one high time engine (past TBO) that is still running well. Core engine included if you want to overhaul it and swap it on. New heater, which is a big deal on these things. But it needs ADS-B still.

My friend has owned it for a good number of years. It's got higher time on it but is in good shape. I would buy it if I was looking for a plane in this range.

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/28450409/1976-cessna-310r?OHID=28450409

Nice looking plane.

Not a bad looking bird, although that tail number would drive me crazy.

Zero X-Ray Romeo just doesn’t roll off the tongue too easy. :)

Not a bad looking bird, although that tail number would drive me crazy.

Zero X-Ray Romeo just doesn’t roll off the tongue too easy. :)
"One-One-One Whiskey Whiskey line up and wait runway 11 Right" Try that tongue twister on for size.

I actually heard that too.

"One-One-One Whiskey Whiskey line up and wait runway 11 Right" Try that tongue twister on for size.

Almost sounds like this guy when I say it lol

A lot of 310s and 340s have "N310..." or "N340..." you get the idea. There's actually a 421 with the tail number "N421".

I've worked the radios flying in this plane and I agree it doesn't roll off the tongue, but it's also not the worst I've dealt with. Either way, you can change it if you really hate it. :)

Nice looking plane. Will be looking at something like this in a few years.

Either way, you can change it if you really hate it.

Asking because I don't know, and see many I'd like to change if I owned them.
That's only a few dollars regarding the FAA costs?.. but could be significantly more when painting comes into play?

Asking because I don't know, and see many I'd like to change if I owned them.
That's only a few dollars regarding the FAA costs?.. but could be significantly more when painting comes into play?

Correct. The FAA portion of it is cheap. Painting can be harder. In this case I doubt it'd be too difficult, the paint scheme is pretty simple. The more complex the paint scheme, the harder it gets to change the tail number.

I couldn't find a good shot of the tail number on N488SP (the 310 that Cloud Nine used to own), but that would've been a REAL pain to change the tail number on. The paint scheme was pretty elaborate specifically surrounding the tail number itself.

Besides, "Eight-Sugar-Pop" rolls off the tongue just fine. :)

Back