1975 Cessna 172M

Bob Kutzler

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
flyingbk
TTAF 7310; SMOH 1550; Lycoming, 150hp with 160 hp Ram Conversion, 2 King KX-155 Radios, KMA-24 Audio Panel, SPA-400 4 place Intercom, Garmin 150-XL GPS, Bendix King KT-76A Transponder, ADF. LED Landing LIght and Strobes. Tanis Heater and Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel. Paint 7 and Upholstery 6. Hangared for last 16 years. Meticulously maintained. Call Bob Kutzler (908) 859-6167 for more information or pictures.

Quanto dinero, por favor?

Wow... I just got a MINT and I mean Mint 172m. Origional paint, windows and interior are perfect. Bought from the second owner that had it over 30 years. 2600tt and 900 smoh. Paid $30,500.
Being priced right is what sells....

Attachments

• Cessna79V 032 (Medium).jpg
    Cessna79V 032 (Medium).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Cessna79V 006 (Medium).jpg
    Cessna79V 006 (Medium).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Cessna79V 019 (Medium).jpg
    Cessna79V 019 (Medium).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Cessna79V 009 (Medium).jpg
    Cessna79V 009 (Medium).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Cessna79V 007 (Medium).jpg
    Cessna79V 007 (Medium).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Cessna79V 010 (Medium).jpg
    Cessna79V 010 (Medium).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Cessna79V 026 (Medium).jpg
    Cessna79V 026 (Medium).jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 106
Pictures?
Here are a few more pictures, paint is rated low for chips on leading edges, and interior seat is torn, as shown in earlier pictures.
The engine overhauls have been done by Penn Yan Aero, New York. We have always kept the maintenance up to a higher level of standards, to keep it flying safely. Nose wheel pant was not put back on from the winter months, but is currently on the plane. The plane is hangared at Lehigh Valley International (KABE) in Pa.

Attachments

• Cessna79V 015 (Medium).jpg
    Cessna79V 015 (Medium).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Cessna79V 016 (Medium).jpg
    Cessna79V 016 (Medium).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Cessna79V 018 (Medium).jpg
    Cessna79V 018 (Medium).jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Cessna79V 011 (Medium).jpg
    Cessna79V 011 (Medium).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Good luck.

Wow... I just got a MINT and I mean Mint 172m. Origional paint, windows and interior are perfect. Bought from the second owner that had it over 30 years. 2600tt and 900 smoh. Paid $30,500.
Being priced right is what sells....

Wow, here we go again. Do we really need written rules here to force folks to show common courtesy?

AOPA has a list of simple rules governing their classified. One being:

Do not comment on the value of the goods offered, unless specifically requested by the original poster.

I mean it's really just common sense and it really shouldn't have to be put in writing.

But....

Wow, here we go again. Do we really need written rules here to force folks to show common courtesy?

I mean it's really just common sense and it really shouldn't have to be put in writing.

But....

i dont think PBristolJr was being sarcastic....

After viewing the add I was merely saying good luck with sale, it's common courtesy on many forums. Do I need to draw you a picture?

After viewing the add I was merely saying good luck with sale, it's common courtesy on many forums. Do I need to draw you a picture?

Draw a picture? To some extent, yes.
In a purely textual medium it is hard to tell sarcasm from genuine good will. Your reply definitely exuded sarcasm in my opinion. And obviously in someone else's opinion too.

But I will take you at you word that you didn't mean it that way.

I have a 172n I would considering selling at a starting point of around $80k and up. Without pictures or details, I suppose one could wish me luck too, and depending on the person, it could either be well wishing or sarcasm.

I think you are overlooking the fact that pretty much everyone who sells something is going to get uncourteous low-ball offers and criticisms from sellers outside the scope of this forum. No one is there to protect the ego of the seller.

Your objections do not seem to stand the light of scrutiny. Consider the hypothetical case where I start a thread with a link to a classified ad on Trade-a-Plane and ask people what they think of the aircraft and asking price. Would you say that all such posts on PoA should be disallowed? If you think such a thread posting is allowable, then if my new thread points instead to, say, this thread, would you say that is reasonable or not? If it is not allowable, what distinguishes the two cases - because I can see nothing particularly distinguishable. But suppose you say a different "critical" thread pointing to this thread is allowable, then what is so special about this thread that we can't simply dispense with creating a new thread and simply post our comments here?

I have a question: I've now seen it happen quite a few times, where people list their planes as a particular year, but the registration data is (in all cases) one year prior. Like in this case (says 1975, the reg data says 1974).

Why is this?

(oh, and yes, this is quite overpriced. VREF puts it @$30,500 or so).

I have a question: I've now seen it happen quite a few times, where people list their planes as a particular year, but the registration data is (in all cases) one year prior. Like in this case (says 1975, the reg data says 1974).

Why is this?

(oh, and yes, this is quite overpriced. VREF puts it @$30,500 or so).

Cuz they build em in 74 and sell em' in '75. Just like you can probably go out and buy a 2013 car now or very soon. FAA has the manufacture date.

Knowing the year is good, knowing the model is better, this one is an "M" and was produced from 1973-1976 with probably little or no differences between the years.

Cuz they build em in 74 and sell em' in '75. Just like you can probably go out and buy a 2013 car now or very soon. FAA has the manufacture date.

Knowing the year is good, knowing the model is better, this one is an "M" and was produced from 1973-1976 with probably little or no differences between the years.

Oh, I see.

So then, when looking at vref for pricing guidance, which year are they referring to (at vref)? mfr year or sale year?

Oh, I see.

So then, when looking at vref for pricing guidance, which year are they referring to (at vref)? mfr year or sale year?

I think it's sale year, (I could be wrong) but that's how Vref looks to me. Wouldn't be good marketing to start offering 1974 models in 1975, gotta have the latest and greatest you know.

When I worked in the campus book store, I did have a customer bring a computer he bought back and want to return it because it was 1997 and he didn't want a 1995 model... Might be why MSFT quit naming operating systems after a year.

Was looking at a N35 Bonanza MFR year is 1960, Vref lists an N35 as 1961.

I think it's sale year, (I could be wrong) but that's how Vref looks to me. Wouldn't be good marketing to start offering 1974 models in 1975, gotta have the latest and greatest you know.

When I worked in the campus book store, I did have a customer bring a computer he bought back and want to return it because it was 1997 and he didn't want a 1995 model... Might be why MSFT quit naming operating systems after a year.

Was looking at a N35 Bonanza MFR year is 1960, Vref lists an N35 as 1961.

You are correct Rusty, The year is always dependent on when that item was sold, not the manufacture year. Just as the local car dealers are starting to advertise that they are making room for the 2013 Model Cars which will be here soon. And you know, that they are on the assembly line right now. Interesting fact about our Cessna, is I have been offered everything from a Ferrari, a Champ to a Cessna twin 310 in trade. Selling is always an interesting proposition, whether it is a plane or a used set of tires. In my years in aviation, I have found that Vref is usually lower than what a plane can actually bring. But it is a place to start. Enjoy the summer, we are leaving for Oshkosh tomorrow morning, and the word is it is very very hot in the midwest.

Let me preface this by saying I know nothing about buying and selling aircraft, and therefore know nothing about buying and selling aircraft etiquette so please don't take my comments as a challenge to the postings I'm quoting here.

I was under the impression that the classified forum was not only for selling items, but also to possibly get feedback from other peers who may have experience selling and/or buying the item. I occasionally sell on Ebay but before I decide on a price, I research the item in specialized forums like this, sometimes even posting my price to get feedback from people that might know more about it than the general public.

The "good luck" comment I read right away as the poster saying the price was somehow unrealistic. Whether the poster meant it that way or not(it's impossible to tell because it was his first comment in the thread and not necessarily related to the price) it's only what the poster personally thinks. The seller wants what he wants. The other comment about the implied better deal seemed nothing more than an isolated experience that may or may not be relative to the sellers set of circumstances. Someone could post an even better deal and it shouldn't matter to the person who posted his. It's all perspective.

I'd like to own an aircraft one day, so I come here to learn and if any position can be justifiably defended, it makes for good dialogue. If it's just some stupid comment directed at the seller(and yes, I've seen that in forums like these) it adds no value to the thread, in my humble opinion.

Again, no offense to anyone.

g

But....

Can a good 172 actually be purchased for $30,000 these days? Wow. I am out of touch. I guess the economy has really tanked airplane prices.

Can a good 172 actually be purchased for $30,000 these days? Wow. I am out of touch. I guess the economy has really tanked airplane prices.
Yes..

I am doing a pre-buy / Annual on a 172 N with an up graded engine, 750 TT, ACTT 2780, Garmin 530, 2, KX155s with GS, Nice interior, 7 year old paint, (looks very nice) 1 year old tires, and it was out of Annual @ $27,990.

the buyer is assisting with the Annual work. and he will know what he has when he flys away.

No surprises next year.

So far he has paid me $350, oil and filter, and bought some cleaning materials, probably under 500 total.

One more good deal from your self employed A&P-IA.

Considering theres roughly $15K in the panel of that 172, that shows what the airframe alone is worth... or one subscribes to the opposite camp where installed avionics are instantly de-valued by 50%.

Amazing.

Considering theres roughly $15K in the panel of that 172, that shows what the airframe alone is worth... or one subscribes to the opposite camp where installed avionics are instantly de-valued by 50%.

Amazing.

If I were to put Aspen glass, glass engine instrumentation, and two new GTN-series Garmin units in the panel, I would spend about 40% of the value of my aircraft. An OH engine would be close to 50% of the current value. One would never recover the total value of those investments in increased aircraft value.

Just want to thank everyone that looked at 79V and those that inquired about her. Yesterday morning, Monday Aug. 6th, she found a new owner, launched into the air about 10am and headed for her new home. Wishing the best to her and her new owner, fly well, fly safe.

Thanks to Pilots of America for this site. Keep up the good work.

Back