1975 C172m not climb,distance, fuel chart what to use?

Bobby05

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bobby05
I went from a 80 172n to a 75 172m and my checkride is in another week i looked at the poh for the 172m and it doesnt have a climb distance fuel chart like the newer models. It has a max rate of climb data which only gives ias, rate of climb, and fuel used for sea level. 5,000, and 10,000 feet. How do i get the fuel distance and climb data? 1976 C172m have the chart could i just use that chart for the TOC on the checkride? Thanks

Most examiners are familiar with the lack of data in the poh of older aircraft. They simply want to make sure you know how to do the calculations, and that in a case like this where you have no data that you would leave a healthy margin.

When I did my checkride I used data from a comparable model, showed him that number, and said I'm real life I would figure 15 gph for climb and 10 for cruise. Which is a bit more than it takes but I want to.leave a healthy margin. He was happy with that.

Ok thanks. So the 1976 climb time fuel chart would be ok? It’s the same make model engine speeds etc ?

If it is the same engine, it would be really close to the same.

Ok thanks. So the 1976 climb time fuel chart would be ok? It’s the same make model engine speeds etc ?
The preflight reg allows you to use “other reliable information appropriate to the aircraft” for the stuff you are legally required to calculate, so I would presume similar criteria would be acceptable for the stuff you’re not legally required to calculate.

Back