1973 Cherokee Challenger Cincinnati Partnership

twiggles

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Challenged
1973 Cherokee Challenger Cincinnati Partnership *REDUCED*

1973 Piper Cherokee Challenger PA28-180
$10,000 for 1/3 share (Reduced from original $12,500)

This was the first year of the stretched Cherokee which became the Archer in 1974. In my opinion, the Challenger and Archer I with the Hersey Bar wings are some of the best looking and best flying 4 place planes out there. This is a true 4 place because of the additional 5 inches that Piper added starting in 1973. Rear seating is comfortable, and its got a respectable payload. My pictures don't do it any justice!

It is with regret that I am selling my 1/3 share of this plane. I have had a business opportunity present itself, and I would like to take this money and use it there. This plane is in FANTASTIC shape, and is a phenomenal flyer. It cruises fast, has a very strong 180HP engine with great compression. Total time on the airplane is a bit over 5000 hours, engine is a bit over 2000. I don't expect it to need an overhaul anytime soon, its very strong, and not showing any signs of stopping.

The plane is hangared at Cincinnati West Airport in Harrison (I67). This is a GREAT little airport that's easy to get in and out of.

Below are some specifics on our plane. I am happy to answer any questions you might have. The purchaser must be a current licensed pilot, prefer IFR rating, but not a deal breaker. The two remaining owners are IFR, I am not. Insurance is VERY reasonable for me as a low time, VFR pilot.

565 is set up as a traveler. You can be comfortable flying around the patch, or several hours away. It is IFR with Garmin 430W. We recently invested in the GPS and transponder to comply with the ADS-B mandate. There are no hidden costs that you will incur. The plane literally has everything you would want on a plane in this class, and is ready to fly anywhere in the US.

Garmin 430W
Garmin transponder with squat switch
Garmin 496 GPS
Single axis auto pilot
Electric trim on yoke
4 place intercom
XM radio and weather
Engine heater

Hangar includes:
Power door opener
Powered tow dolly for plane
Storage space for pilot stuff and tools
Cleaning and maintenance supplies

The Partners are both great, easy going guys. Scheduling is very easy, and I have never had a scheduling conflict. I have found this partnership to be a very fun and economical way to be an airplane owner. The plane is owned equally and outright by all 3 owners. With that said, I would prefer a cash deal or one where the airplane was not used as collateral in a loan, since there are no liens on the airplane. If you do not have pride in ownership, and are not willing to respect the plane, hanger, and tools please do not reach out to me. I won't leave my partners with a derelict owner. We are all proud owners of the airplane, its it shows in the condition.

I wish I could keep the plane, but opportunity calls. . .Please email with any questions, and provide a phone number where I can reach you.

More pictures on my Craigslist ad: http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/for/5006276217.html

Attachments

• Piper8.JPG
    Piper8.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Piper15.JPG
    Piper15.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Piper14.JPG
    Piper14.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Piper10.JPG
    Piper10.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
More Pictures

Attachments

• Piper11.JPG
    Piper11.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Piper17.JPG
    Piper17.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Piper13.JPG
    Piper13.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Piper5.JPG
    Piper5.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Piper12.JPG
    Piper12.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Piper9.JPG
    Piper9.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Piper16.JPG
    Piper16.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Piper1.JPG
    Piper1.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Piper2.JPG
    Piper2.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Piper3.JPG
    Piper3.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 54
By the way, I apologize for the very poor quality pictures. My cell phone camera does decent, but the lighting wasn't perfect.

pics r fine, nice looking plane, too far for me. I need something like this in charlotte.

Thanks! It is surprisingly difficult to find nice planes to partner on. I was lucky to stumble upon my partnership, and will miss the access to the plane. Unfortunately, as a budding entrepreneur, I can't have it all...

I will still keep it as the screen saver on my phone though :)

Good luck finding something similar in Charlotte!

I'm potentially open to trading for a good condition SUV, truck, or mini van capable of towing 3500lbs. I would prefer a vehicle in the $6k-$12k range with you making up the difference in cash. I need something reliable with lower miles as this will be used for business purposes.

565 is still waiting on its new partner. Shoot me a note to discuss.

If this were in Atlanta, I'd be all over it. Good looking airplane. Good luck with sale!

Questions: What are the fixed and variable costs after investment?

Re: 1973 Cherokee Challenger Cincinnati Partnership *REDUCED*

Cool.

Those oil bottle holder thingies are kinda nifty in the back.

Back