1966 PA32 260 Fuel Management

Danny Dub

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Danny Dub
I can't find anything on the POH relating to fuel management regarding order of tank use. However, either I dreamed or have heard that it is preferable to burn out the inboard tanks first and then work on the tips, especially when loaded pretty heavy.

Can anyone verify this for us. I am helping with a new owner checkout and want to be sure I get the best info to the new pilot.

Those 1966 POHs left quite a bit to the imagination haha!

Thanks everyone.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

There are indeed limitations on refueling and fuel use on the cherokee six. It is in the flight manual for the 1966 PA32-260 that I am familiar with so some paperwork may be missing for yours.

Inboard tanks are to be used first, then tips. Refueling is just the opposite.

There are indeed limitations on refueling and fuel use on the cherokee six. It is in the flight manual for the 1966 PA32-260 that I am familiar with so some paperwork may be missing for yours.

Inboard tanks are to be used first, then tips. Refueling is just the opposite.
Thanks for confirming that. I have looked through the flight manual and haven't found much regarding the subject.

The next question might be if some portions are missing, I wonder how those could be replaced?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming that. I have looked through the flight manual and haven't found much regarding the subject.

The next question might be if some portions are missing, I wonder how those could be replaced?

The approved flight manuals and weight and balance information can be ordered from Piper if it becomes necessary. I had to order both for the airplane I mentioned in my first post as everything was missing at the time of purchase. Unfortunately, I do not remember what the cost was.

The approved flight manuals and weight and balance information can be ordered from Piper if it becomes necessary. I had to order both for the airplane I mentioned in my first post as everything was missing at the time of purchase. Fortunately, I do not remember what the cost was.

FIFY

Back