1966 C182K- hard nose landing

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
Dunno about the firewall, but it cost us about $2500 to get the instruments rearranged into the standard layout, and get a new pilots side instrument panel.

If a plane had a hard landing on the nose and bent the firewall, how much does it cost to repair?

Panel upgrade? It looks like it has the original panel configuration (non 6 pack)

Other thoughts (since I'm probably not a real contender anyway)

http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/brief.aspx?ev_id=20050216X00203&key=1
http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_653645_1966+CESSNA+182K.html

How much is reasonable to expect to make this airworthy?

Why do you think it has not been repaired? Did I miss reading/seeing something? It looks like a shop lien sale to me on a $20,000 repair.

Why do you think it has not been repaired? Did I miss reading/seeing something? It looks like a shop lien sale to me on a $20,000 repair.

Didn't know Dept of Justice did repairs or shop Leins. LOL. I was just making a WAG worse case.

Didn't know Dept of Justice did repairs or shop Leins. LOL. I was just making a WAG worse case.

The damage was in 2004 and there is no indication in the ad or spec sheet that there is unrepaired damage. Did you call and find that out?

Yes ma'am, that is how one executes a lien on an aircraft or boat in the US. One goes to their US District Court judge with your work contract and complaint and if the judge finds you have a complaint he will issue an order for seizure. You then have the US Marshals and custodian fees for the duration unti the case is disposed of, typically loser pays those fees. If the plane never leaves your shop, you can skip the custodial fees and just pay the Marshal and auction fees.

Yes ma'am, that is how one executes a lien on an aircraft or boat in the US. One goes to their US District Court judge with your work contract and complaint and if the judge finds you have a complaint he will issue an order for seizure. You then have the US Marshals and custodian fees for the duration unti the case is disposed of, typically loser pays those fees. If the plane never leaves your shop, you can skip the custodial fees and just pay the Marshal and auction fees.

Damage was in WA and over seven years ago, plane is in TX. Yes, it could have been moved there for repair and sat for seven years but more likely is that the aircraft was seized for some nefarious activity involving a border. :D

Damage was in WA and over seven years ago, plane is in TX. Yes, it could have been moved there for repair and sat for seven years but more likely is that the aircraft was seized for some nefarious activity involving a border. :D

70/30 my favor, I was the guy taking custody for the custodial company. Way more billing disputes and repos than nefarious; the nefarious ones are the fun ones though;)

70/30 my favor, I was the guy taking custody for the custodial company. Way more billing disputes and repos than nefarious; the nefarious ones are the fun ones though;)

And don't forget this from the spec sheet:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INTERIOR: 2-PLACE, REAR PASSENGER SEAT MISSING :yikes:[/FONT]

And don't forget this from the spec sheet:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INTERIOR: 2-PLACE, REAR PASSENGER SEAT MISSING :yikes:[/FONT]
I'd say a quarter of 182s have the back seat out. They haul anything you can stuff in them, but if you have the back seat in, that ain't much. A lot of people buy 182s for utility and performance and both are enhanced by the removal of the back seat so long as you secure the loads aft. Caution, a 182 with no back seat and no load may be pretty for forward in CG increasing to risk to the nose gear. 182 is one of the few planes I'll carry ballast in the cabin.

I'd say a quarter of 182s have the back seat out. They haul anything you can stuff in them, but if you have the back seat in, that ain't much. A lot of people buy 182s for utility and performance and both are enhanced by the removal of the back seat so long as you secure the loads aft. Caution, a 182 with no back seat and no load may be pretty for forward in CG increasing to risk to the nose gear. 182 is one of the few planes I'll carry ballast in the cabin.

Again, it all adds to the picture:

• Forfeited to the Feds.
  • Texas.
  • Set up to haul.

The Katmai 260 makes the 182 a perfect airplane. I wish I could combine that with amphibs.

And no current logs. I wouldn't touch it with a stick.

Back