1966 C182J for sale

olsonkyl

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
olsonkyl
1966 C182J for sale
Currently hangared at KCKZ airport in Pennridge, PA.
~400 hours on engine and prop
Garmin 430 WAAS with WAAS steering
STEC-50 Auto pilot with altitude hold
HSI, DME, Fuel totalizer
Newer interior
IFR certified
All AD's complied with

Great x-country plane with no mechanical issues.

$60,000

PM me if interested.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tail number would be the winner for me :D

This is the one you were previously offering a 1/4 share of, right?

How old are the bladders, and what's the fuel capacity?

Useful load?

We've said we aren't going to buy an airplane, but I keep getting sucked back into looking at them! :)

Useful load is 1,058 or 570 with full fuel (83 gallons). I'll need to check the log books about the fuel bladders.

Tempting 4 me... What's the fuel burn?

Tempting 4 me... What's the fuel burn?

If its like every other O-470 powered C182 on the planet, 13 GPH down low, flogging it hard, 11 GPH up high.

The O-470 also typically won't play nicely with LOP operation unless you get really lucky since the induction system isn't ever going to provide a consistent fuel-air mixture to all cylinders equally.

They're not known for fuel economy. :)

Typically 120-130 knots at 11-13 gallons/hr. No speed demon but you can load it up pretty good.

Grant, ... Gary S, Gary M, Adam Z , and I are all nearby if you need us to give a look ;-) I am sure we could be persuaded to fly it out to you ;-)

I was under the impression 182's generally fly 140kts with 1200lbs of usable load. Sorry for the newbish question, but I was looking at 182's to purchase and thought my research was correct?

I was under the impression 182's generally fly 140kts with 1200lbs of usable load. Sorry for the newbish question, but I was looking at 182's to purchase and thought my research was correct?

You can if you want to burn 16 gallons per hour and you put on the wheel pants.

What you are quoting are "Marketing Numbers". One saves considerable operating expense by not flying marketing numbers.

For instance I could cruise at 195kts but it would cost me an extra 10gph in fuel over cruising at 180kts, plus I will see a shorter service life out of my cylinders. So I cruise at 180 getting 8.9 mpg with my exhaust note happily on the pipe and the only exhaust residue that is on my augmenters is pure white from lead.

Last edited:

Useful loads vary a lot too between the various models and modifications over the years.

That seems like an awful lot of airplane for not so much money. Good luck with the sale.

Are the back seats removed? The last picture looks like only front seats installed. If the rear bench is removed, do you have it?

Troy, if you're still kicking around the idea of owning a 182, we need to re-open our One Echo Tango discussion.

The back seat bench is still installed and there are headset jacks in the back as well.

That seems like an awful lot of airplane for not so much money. Good luck with the sale.

We paid more than asking price 5 years ago and then installed the Garmin 430. I know you never recoup the cost of avionics though. Given the market, I think we have priced it about right.

You can get 145kt out of a 182RG pretty easily, but I don't think it has 1200lb useful load due to the extra weight of the gear mechanism.

I worked for a guy once that had a 50's (1956?) era straight-leg 182 that had every speed mod available on it and he said he could get RG speeds without the weight penalty of the RG.

Ran into a guy at OSH that had bought a 182 with all the speed mods. He said he later calculated that the previous owner paid $1100/knot for 5 knots. Haha.

Ran into a guy at OSH that had bought a 182 with all the speed mods. He said he later calculated that the previous owner paid $1100/knot for 5 knots. Haha.

I think that is the bare minimum per knot, some are much higher. :mad2:
I know on 400 series Cessnas, a company offers aft body strakes, $10K plus installation, so the total is $12-13K with an estimated 5-7% increase in cruise speed, but no guarantee! That's 9-12 knots for $12-13K.:rolleyes:
Personally, I have always taken the numbers from all aircraft mods with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

My plane seems to be just on the high side of normal on speed and above normal in load and I get 130 and 1250 speed and load. 130 is a fair speed to expect and for most planes 1000-1100lbs seems to be the average.

I think that is the bare minimum per knot, some are much higher. :mad2:
I know on 400 series Cessnas, a company offers aft body strakes, $10K plus installation, so the total is $12-13K with an estimated 5-7% increase in cruise speed, but no guarantee! That's 9-12 knots for $12-13K.:rolleyes:
Personally, I have always taken the numbers from all aircraft mods with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

Sorta like "tenths" off of a car's 0-60 or 1/4 mile time. If all the mods my HS friend put on his dad's Grand National gave the published result, his 0-60 time would have been negative numbers.
:goofy:

Individual share available as well.

Anual just completed. She's ready to go!

Back