1963 Cessna 182 Skylane

Forgive me if posting this is against the rules.

I have no stake in this aircraft whatsoever. It just looks like a pretty good deal. Is it priced just right or am I way off for how it's equipped. Of course, I'm green, so there's something obvious other than the age that I'm missing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/63-1...s_Aircraft&hash=item43b2c40859#ht_3385wt_1165

Not particularly good, not particularly bad. If the airframe is in good condition and the 'new' prop is one free of an AD (Airworthiness Directive=$$$ spent every 5 years and/or 500 hours on many Hatzell props) the price is reasonable. The panel was upgraded last in the early 90s which is a minus that if you want to bring to full modern capability will cost around $50k, the engine time is good on a very reliable engine so for most people they will have around 20 years to save up for an engine overhaul. The operators understanding of and attention to the mixture control will determine if there will be a top overhaul required (if the plane has been sitting for a couple of years on steel cylinders it may need a 'top ovehaul' to place back into reliable service. Sometimes you can save them with some black magic tricks if you use them before you try to turn the engine over)

No wheel pants cost you a bit of fuel, but you can get them if you desire.

Back