1953 Pa-20/22

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
I submit this for your responses. The plane looks well cared for. Metal wings and fabric side panels. Airframe and engine times are low. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I remember I didn't see any flags. I spoke with current owner and he seemed genuine and helpful. The plane is hangered in upstate NY.

$33,000 includes:
Garmin 296 STC'd Wired Power & Antenna, (Icom ICA200 Comm/Intercom, King
KT76A with Enc to be installed);
(Garmin340 Audio Panel, GI106A ILS Indicator, GNS430 interfaced to Garmin
296, GTX327 Transponder, SL30 Comm and updated Antennas will be removed).

$46,500 includes (As currently installed):
IFR-G In-Route/Approach Certified w/Garmin340 Audio Panel, GI106A ILS
Indicator, GNS430 interfaced to Garmin 296, GTX327 Transponder, SL30 Comm
and updated Antennas (Icom ICA200 Comm/Intercom, King KT76A with Enc will
not be installed).

$50,000 would include everything in the $46,500 price plus WSI ($5000.00
value before installation).

If you wish to speak to the avionics shop that did all of the installation
work, contact Steve Dixon (Avionics Mgr) at Exec Air in Syracuse NY:
315-455-5957.

If you wish to speak to the shop that has done all of the maitenance work
since I purchased the Pacer, contact Charlie Gay at Skyhaven Airport PA:
570-836-4800 (they specialize in these type of aircraft).

Let me know if you have any more questions (I can be reached at [deleted]).

seems kinda steep to me for all three options. it is a 53 year old airplane deep down. hard to tell without engine times and stuff like that though

I agree. Sounds kind of steep. I consider the metal wings a drawback. It makes the plane heavier, so decreased useful load. It also tends to make it noisier because the metal "oil cans" in flight. I think the 1953 still had a bench seat, harder to accomodate to different sized people, especially if "the other guy" is longer.
Which engine does it have? The 150 hp is alot better than the 135 hp and the 160 hp is best. Some PA22/20 have been upgraded to a 180 hp which gives very nice shortfield performance.
I have a PA-22 160 hp with about 400 hrs on a millenium rebuild, 1 1/2 yrs out from a recover and Dakota Cub long range tanks. Also have an approach certified 430 and a 340 intercom. I don't want to sell it but figure its worth 33-35,000. However, I'm a buy high-sell low kind of person.:rofl:
If the plane has a truly show quality finish it would be getting closer to your prices but the metal wings ruin its ability to win at most shows.

Barb

Richard, depending on where in upstate NY it is, I may be able to fly up and get some photos for you.

infotango said:
Richard, depending on where in upstate NY it is, I may be able to fly up and get some photos for you.
Thanks, but I already have photos of it. I think he's asking too high. It has the 135 hp which really dampens my enthusiasm.

Back