Display name:
Josh
Edited.. No longer for sale.

140_1.jpg

140_2.jpg

140_3.jpg

Last edited:
That's a beautiful example!

Thanks guys! I hate to see her go as I have so much time invested in the restoration. But, the opportunity I recently had presented to me is extremely hard to pass up.

Gorgeous!!! Incredible.

Boy, that's a nice looking bird!

Okay, I gotta ask - that last picture of the light...where IS that? Beautiful plane/s by the way.

Okay, I gotta ask - that last picture of the light...where IS that? Beautiful plane/s by the way.
My money is on yea olde Grimes retractable landing light mounted under the wing. Had one on the 120 I flew - you could use it for short periods, but it would overwhelm the 15 amp generator if you left it on :)

Retractable. That explains it because I was wondering why anyone would put a light on the wing aimed straight down.

My money is on yea olde Grimes retractable landing light mounted under the wing. Had one on the 120 I flew - you could use it for short periods, but it would overwhelm the 15 amp generator if you left it on :)

Sounds like a perfect candidate for LED replacement.

Sounds like a perfect candidate for LED replacement.

That would be a crime of immense proportions on that airplane, imo.
What say the rest of you??
:popcorn:

Besides they don't make an LED that fits the frame, they all fit the GE 4500 bulb, not the Mungus headlight bulb.

As long as he NEVER uses it, it will probably be Okay. They are virtually unrepairable, and the one listed by Tom will not work.

The best would be.......leave it alone...but it is super heavy.....or replace it with an LED in wing landing light.

Most of us with these old planes have decided to keep them original looking, but upgrade them where safety is concerned! I like that Josh took an old radio face and made his panel look original for shows, but most of us just have modern electronics. I have LED panel lights and plan to add the LED landing light for the reason someone else mentioned... you should see the power that thing draws, and then it's still pretty much a dim yellow light.

Besides they don't make an LED that fits the frame, they all fit the GE 4500 bulb, not the Mungus headlight bulb.
They make a light that fits. I'm not sure what the part number is, but 3 of my 140 friends have switched to it.

As long as he NEVER uses it, it will probably be Okay. They are virtually unrepairable, and the one listed by Tom will not work.

The best would be.......leave it alone...but it is super heavy.....or replace it with an LED in wing landing light.
These guys repaired mine for the F-24
http://www.avliteaviation.com

you should see the power that thing draws, and then it's still pretty much a dim yellow light.
:rofl:

But, to get back to topic, The 120/140 is a nice airplane to fly, and reading the O.P. advert, this one has a lot of really nice upgrades.

Just say'n.

:rofl:

But, to get back to topic, The 120/140 is a nice airplane to fly, and reading the O.P. advert, this one has a lot of really nice upgrades. Just say'n.
I know Josh, our planes are almost twins. It's a beautiful plane and if I remember right, I recommended the upholstery shop to him and the same style seats as on my old 140. If you want a polished 140, his is about as nice as they get.

Most of us with these old planes have decided to keep them original looking, but upgrade them where safety is concerned! I like that Josh took an old radio face and made his panel look original for shows, but most of us just have modern electronics. I have LED panel lights and plan to add the LED landing light for the reason someone else mentioned... you should see the power that thing draws, and then it's still pretty much a dim yellow light.

Mine isn't dim.. It will blind you! I did some night flying the other day.

Just a note - we now have the subforum for aircraft/clubs/paternships. This is new as of today. If you want, I can move this thread for you.

Back