1942 T Craft

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Tom, or anyone else, what do you know about a 1942 TaylorCraft L-2 with Cont A65? I have a guy looking for some information on cable rigging and fuesalage structure so he can finish the restoration. Any link to source for information would be quite helpful.

So far, it's looking beautiful.

Richard said:
Tom, or anyone else, what do you know about a 1942 TaylorCraft L-2 with Cont A65? I have a guy looking for some information on cable rigging and fuesalage structure so he can finish the restoration. Any link to source for information would be quite helpful.

Well the C-65 still has books, but the T-crate never did have much of manual. the 43,13-1b is the best refference to quote in th logs.

EAA should have the answers he needs.

Rigging throws are on the TC, but cable tension is from the 43,13. as per cable size.

Crate? Don't know it's performance, or lack thereof, but it sure is a pretty bird. Especially all dressed up in pre-WWII AAF colors and it's bubble canopy. I find it interesting that not only is does it have two seats but the rear seat swivels to face an aft mounted nav table.

Richard said:

Get in the phone book for Wichita Falls TX, try to find a guy named Al Martin, try calling Wichita Valley Airport (F14) or the phone book for Electra TX. He'll be either under Al Martin or Flying M Aviation. He had one if not more of those planes (and many more others) in boxes, and knows everything there is to know about restoring them, and may have books if there are any.

Good luck.

Back