1941 Taylorcraft project for sale

Spotter626

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Spotter626
I have a project BC-12 Deluxe is for sale. It was a flying plane but in long term storage when I took possession about 10 years ago. It is a pre-war, with built up ribs, Cont. 65, with two doors and the aluminum grill parts and side chrome strips. Two of the aluminum grill pieces are 100% polished the third is almost ready for the polish wheel. Plane sat with the tail tied up in the rafters for 30 years before I got her. So mice made holes in the spars look like the cartoon version and the pee ate the alum. leading edge.
I spent years acquiring the ribs (from all over the US) that I needed along with beautiful new spars from Bully Air. The engine has sat in my heated shop since I bought it, one wing is still complete with just the fabric stripped off to remove mice, nests and other vermin in residence. The other wing is totally tore down and about ready to go back together. I saved the fabric off the wings for locating the inspection panels.
The fuselage is still in the hanger awaiting room in my shop. I had the Banjo wheels and control columns replated with nickel at a cost of $365! The spars have the bushings installed ready for the weight increase if you want to pursue that STC. Hopefully I can provide all the info you require, just ask, I believe I have all the log books (aircraft, prop and engine) since new and I have the FAA CD.
Sorry, I can't sit here and tell you exact hours but I can get that info. Engine is mid-time, I do know that. This plane also has the deluxe shock mount panel mounts still installed. They will, of course, have to be rebuilt. I also have 100's of picture documenting up to this point or can get pictures of something you want to see.
I currently have a Smith Mini plane and a 180 Cherokee and am getting up there in age, 69, to where a complete project like this is looking less and less appealing to me. I'm asking $10,000 for the complete project including a few things I don't remember like a new set of special washers, someone made a few years ago for the axle nut, and strut fairing patterns. I will put this up on Barn Stormers and maybe Trade A Plane later. Plane is located in NW Illinois.

Larry

Attachments

• After rebuild1.jpg
    After rebuild1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMGP4159.JPG
    IMGP4159.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 24
What is a pristine aircraft worth? deduct $15,000 for a recover job, another $5,000 for seats and interior, then $20,000 for a zero since major overhaul, if you can find the parts. add $3500 for a new prop, another $5,000 for the new hardware and little stuff no-one ever thinks about. What did we say these were worth again?

Yeah but you will have a brand new "old airplane"! Plus not to many airplanes will go a 100mph on less fuel.

What is a pristine aircraft worth? deduct $15,000 for a recover job, another $5,000 for seats and interior, then $20,000 for a zero since major overhaul, if you can find the parts. add $3500 for a new prop, another $5,000 for the new hardware and little stuff no-one ever thinks about. What did we say these were worth again?

:lol:

This from a guy who called people "tire kickers" for citing reasons NOT to buy a used airplane.

:lol:

This from a guy who called people "tire kickers" for citing reasons NOT to buy a used airplane.
Being realistic isn't being a tire kicker. looking for any reason to not buy a good flying aircraft is.

Back