1941 Aeronca 'Super' Chief

VanDy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
VanDy
It ain't perfect but I've put over 15 hours on it the last few months and taken my daughter with me a few times too. Asking 20k, but can be had for less with delivery negotiable (by me). The owner is trusting me to make the sale, and when you see it on barnstormers and trade a plane next week, I'll be the comtact. If anyone is really interested give me a call at 513-668-2103and I'll tell you all I know.

It does have fish paper gussets still. A cylinder let an exhaust valve seat go(has been fixed) and 5+ hours since, fabric passes punch test but has some imperfections. Lycoming O-145B2 starts and runs well. I'd fly it anywhere in the country tomorrow (given proper mountain passes) annual was 2/15 can be fresh as part of sale.

/end shameless plug, will be on my website Monday

f7a6ae820c638fad448790687090f6bf.jpg

9f9553777a9cd09b87a06c6fdb2bb31f.jpg

5d0071cf430f8aec653239d8d137bd30.jpg

aa1456decfed9c21a886774303cf630c.jpg

2888291732218846307e30013441b08b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a cool little plane! I bet it'll sell fast. :)

It does meet the definition of light sport pilot, I'll double check the logs this evening and get back with you about the fabric. But from what i remember off the top of my head it was recovered in 79, has been hangared ever since and was rejuvenated in the last 20 years. I'll get specifics for anyone really interested.

There are plenty of OPINIONS on how to inspect fabric, and I'm sure you will be able to find them by using the search function on the site.

There are plenty of OPINIONS on how to inspect fabric, and I'm sure you will be able to find them by using the search function on the site.
Here is one opinion. Page 3-11
The funny part is they say it is not approved, but then immediately say it is at the discretion of the mechanic. My take is that it is not official, but that it can provide useful information.
Mechanical devices used to test fabric by pressing against
or piercing the finished fabric are not FAA approved and
are used at the discretion of the FAA-certificated mechanic
to form an opinion on the general fabric condition.
https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol...raft/amt_airframe_handbook/media/ama_Ch03.pdf

This needs to be somewhere else.

Sorry about hijacking your thread. BTW, love the plane. I hope the sale goes well.

513 area code, does that mean the plane is in the Ohio/Kentucky area?

Thanks, yeah, there are a couple of those threads already going, so i expected some bleed over when I put it on.

Airplane is in Dayton, OH I will be handling all the demo flights and there is an engine core and some spare parts that will be going with the airplane as well.

This needs to be somewhere else.

Sorry about hijacking your thread. BTW, love the plane. I hope the sale goes well.

513 area code, does that mean the plane is in the Ohio/Kentucky area?

Remember when you read that, it's about cotton. There is nothing written about Ceconite. All directions on the use and applications of Ceconite are the intellectual property of the STC holder and the manufacturer of the material.

The old Ceconite manual was written by Ray Stitz, and generally accepted as the way to apply Ceconite, but it used DOPE. not a ura system.

What about these posts Tom?

Yes there is, read the STC instructions for the Poly Fiber (stits) system.

To be airworthy at annual, their system must pass their test as discribed in their STC. (they use the maule fabric tester)

Maule punch is called out in the current ceconite instructions.
most of the systems do not call for a punch test. So what do you do, make up a test of your own?

I believe I have a grip, I've been doing these systems for near 60 years.

The Maule tester is for cotton or as directed by Polifiber, nothing else. Get it right, or don't post BS.

The stc says to follow the latest instruction book...

most of the systems do not call for a punch test. So what do you do, make up a test of your own?

I believe I have a grip, I've been doing these systems for near 60 years.

The Maule tester is for cotton or as directed by Polifiber, nothing else. Get it right, or don't post BS.

I'm repeating myself now.

Remember when you read that, it's about cotton. There is nothing written about Ceconite. All directions on the use and applications of Ceconite are the intellectual property of the STC holder and the manufacturer of the material.

The old Ceconite manual was written by Ray Stitz, and generally accepted as the way to apply Ceconite, but it used DOPE. not a ura system.

Which is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back