19 September be Talk Like a Pirate Day, Mateys!

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
The 19th of September is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Are ye lubbers ready!! AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!

http://talklikeapirate.com/

"Every now and then, some visionary individuals come along with a concept that is so original and so revolutionary that your immediate reaction is: 'Those individuals should be on medication.'
Today I want to tell you about two such people, John Baur and Mark Summers, who have come up with a concept that is going to make you kick yourself for not thinking of it first: Talk Like a Pirate Day. As the name suggests, this is a day on which everybody would talk like a pirate. Is that a great idea, or what? There are so many practical benefits that I can't even begin to list them all." -- Dave Barry, Miami Herald, Sept. 8, 2002.

These hardy mates be getting into the spirit.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• piratepilot.jpg
    piratepilot.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 377
  • pirates1.jpg
    pirates1.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 388
  • lolcat-pirate.jpg
    lolcat-pirate.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Scott- that be DOPE belayed to the stern 'o Mickey's vessel?

Arrr

Hoist the colors fer tomorrow...

Attachments

• Pirate.jpg
    Pirate.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 265
  • pirate flag.jpg
    pirate flag.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 26
Ahoy shipmates pirate day be here!

Arrrrr! Be having a happy talk like a pirate day!

I just need a tot of Rum to get me through the next broadside Mateys. Avast thar ye spiney shipmates.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of Ma's old fashioned cider.

Good morning mateys. a Happy pirate day be greeting all ye scallywags, Arrgh. Let us all hoist a pint of grog and say .... Aarrrrgggghh!!!

Rum for all ye shipmates! :D

Yarr! Avast ye, tower! This be the Flyin' Cutlass and I be fixin' to put ashore. I have 'Rum'. Yarr, I be meanin' 'Whiskey'! And all you other scurvy dogs in the are, be advised to be heedin' my calls because I be on a 20,000 league final!

Yarr!

Attachments

• PirateDog.jpeg
    PirateDog.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 11
A tot 'o rum for all hands...yar

Attachments

• poabannercurved.gif
    poabannercurved.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 13
Weird, the first thing I noticed when I opened the site today was that the King Air had seemingly changed from an 200 to a 350 (winglets). It was only then that I noticed the site name change. Arrrrrrrrgh!

Ahoy Northwest- heave to & prepare to be boarded!

Attachments

• KBOS3Oct07.jpg
    KBOS3Oct07.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 23
After the last flight tonight I went instead of the shack to the bar. Lo, the wait staff were all decked out for a boarding. If I had my camera with me y'all would burn yer squintys with images of the fair maiden servin me Carib dark rum. Tuff **** to y'all, it was a sight to behold.

Ho! An the wench made them double strong for a change.

Here's the thing:

All y'all make pretends to be something of a foregone era. But shiver me, I knows whats it be like...it was brutal amonst ta' real scallywags. So while y'all be funning for the pretty I take it ta' heart...an consequently, due to my extra knowledge of such events, I fairlee make it to be real right chop. An consequently I am called all manner of things such that I may end up in the hoosegow. Lubbers indeed.

Don' be grabbin' my ass.

I just want to thank everyone who had fun for talk like a pirate day. I think PoA did the bets job of making it a fun event. It is a frivolous and somewhat silly day and that is what makes it so fun. We need at least to once in a while kick the veil of seriousness off and be kids again.

Here's the thing:

All y'all make pretends to be something of a foregone era. But shiver me, I knows whats it be like...it was brutal amonst ta' real scallywags. So while y'all be funning for the pretty I take it ta' heart...an consequently, due to my extra knowledge of such events, I fairlee make it to be real right chop. An consequently I am called all manner of things such that I may end up in the hoosegow. Lubbers indeed.

Don' be grabbin' my ass.
I agree.

When you see how the real charmers operated you wouldn't really want to share a beer with them. They would make today's teefs, bikers, gangsta's and terrists cower in fear.

To where? Cedar Mills for lunch?

Naw, this time, it was to AUS for football game. Nice day to fly. I love flying home on a quiet night.

I saw a shooting star! Plus, contacted Regional App, and he said "Cleared into the Bravo, direct Addison, altitude your discretion." Nice. Plus, winds calm, so I landed straight-in on 33.

Naw, this time, it was to AUS for football game. Nice day to fly. I love flying home on a quiet night.

I saw a shooting star! Plus, contacted Regional App, and he said "Cleared into the Bravo, direct Addison, altitude your discretion." Nice. Plus, winds calm, so I landed straight-in on 33.
That sounds like a great, fun flight.

The 19th of September is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Are ye lubbers ready!! AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!

"Every now and then, some visionary individuals come along with a concept that is so original and so revolutionary that your immediate reaction is: 'Those individuals should be on medication.'
Today I want to tell you about two such people, John Baur and Mark Summers, who have come up with a concept that is going to make you kick yourself for not thinking of it first: Talk Like a Pirate Day. As the name suggests, this is a day on which everybody would talk like a pirate. Is that a great idea, or what? There are so many practical benefits that I can't even begin to list them all." -- Dave Barry, Miami Herald, Sept. 8, 2002.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Tis that time of the year

aaarrgghhh

Tis here me Matey's

Set the mainsails, secure the anchor. full speed ahead!!

Arrggh!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I knew I wouldn't be able to beat Scott to the first post on "Talk Like a Pirate" Day. Arrrgggh... Happy Pillaging and Plundering today, Scott! :)

I knew I wouldn't be able to beat Scott to the first post on "Talk Like a Pirate" Day. Arrrgggh... Happy Pillaging and Plundering today, Scott! :)
I twas up early wit the dawn star, setting sail fer me day of pillage and plunder, aarrgghh

The wench at the restaurant this morning, enjoyed me ordering in pirate speak, aarrggh!

Back