19. Have you visited any health professionals within the last 3 years?

U

Unregistered

Doc,

I'm in the process of filling out my 8500-8 for my annual first class flight physical, and have visited a clinic twice in the previous two years, once for strep throat, the other time for a skin lesion (both previously reported). I also get an annual eye exam to ensure I meet the 20/20 vision standards that are required.

In the process of moving, I've lost copies of my previous 8500-8's. In the past, I could write on the form "previously reported", but with MedXPress I no longer have this option. Since I've lost the pertinent information of doctor's names and dates, what is the most ethical and reasonable thing to do? I haven't visited a health professional this year, other than to check my vision again (with no change to my current prescription).

Please advise the best course of action. I do not intend to deceive the FAA, but since they have my other forms on file, I don't want to raise any questions in OKC, either.

Thank you.

When I switched to MedXpress my AME keeps copies of all forms submitted, and I had misplaced my copy. His assistant scaned and email the old one.

Check with your AME to see if they have your previous form. It saves them headaches as much as it saves you the same.

Check with your AME they don't want to get into a big discussion of why you didn't report your drs visit.

Just indicate the visits as best you can. Or call up the clinic and get the dates.....

Not the one addressed, but this being a public forum....

I'm in the process of filling out my 8500-8 for my annual first class flight physical, and have visited a clinic twice in the previous two years, once for strep throat, the other time for a skin lesion (both previously reported). I also get an annual eye exam to ensure I meet the 20/20 vision standards that are required.
Current instructions for item 19:
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...aam/ame/guide/app_process/app_history/item19/

Per the instructions in the Guide for AMEs (can't find this anywhere else on the FAA web site,) you don't need to list routine eye exams:
Routine dental, eye, and FAA periodic medical examinations and consultations with an employer-sponsored employee assistance program (EAP) may be excluded unless the consultations were for the applicant's substance abuse or unless the consultations resulted in referral for psychiatric evaluation or treatment.

By the way in case you missed it because it's not a good user interface, there IS a "PRNC" or similar dropdown to the RIGHT of many fields in MedXpress for PRNC. Slow down and look for it. I almost missed it.

You can definitely indicate PRNC with the drop down.

For the last 4 years I have kept a running word document with all Dr's visits and treatments. I just lop off everything more then three years old.

I am not that organized, my memory just sucks.

If I ever need to see a Dr, I make an entry in my logbook- Dr's name and date.

I'm already going to have the logbook out to look up hours flown, so all the info needed for the medical is right there.

For the last 4 years I have kept a running word document with all Dr's visits and treatments. I just lop off everything more then three years old.

With the new MedXpress, you have the opportunity to save the file as a PDF (and are encouraged to do so! by Dr. Bruce and many others).

From that, you could keep an e-copy somewhere and then next time you're required to complete one, copy and paste the Dr. Info.

Fortunately, last time I figured out (and confirmed) that I don't have to list a single visit per line. If it's different visits to the same doc for the same condition, you just need to list the doc one time, then in the reason, provide a running commentary of the dates/reason/results.

Yep, I used the PRNC a couple times on mine. I realized I need to get a check up though when I didn't have any Dr visits to report:redface:

Wow! How'd ya do that?

My last 2 Class-IIIs have been by MedExpress

Don't know, my last was Aug 23 2011 and when I went into the docs office he handed me the same form I've been filling out for the last 25 years. Heck when I did my MES a couple years ago that was done on paper as well since the online deal was screwed up that day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back