182Q vac gauge/system

Topper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Topper
I had my vac pump replaced during my annual. Now the suction gauge does not work and the after takeoff the vacuum attitude indicator seems to lag behind the two electric attitude indicators. I am 99% sure the suction gauge worked prior to the annual, now it does not. I also recently removed the DG when the Aspen was installed.

I decided to see what was going on under the dash. The AI and the Suction Gauge are hooked up to the filter. There AI is then hooked to a regulator? at the firewall that I assume is hooked to the vac pump. There is a second outlet that has a cap on it. There is a port on the suction gauge that is not hooked to anything. It appears that there should be a hose between the two.

2 questions.

1. I assumed a suction gauge worked like a typical vac gauge, but since it has a filtered port, I am guessing maybe vacuum flows through it?

2. If vac flows through it, then it seem like it would act like a calibrated leak? with the suction gauge line plugged, would it affect the AI?

Thanks,

Jim

Probably with all the work you have a real leak somewhere. Cracked hose, leak at a connector, etc.

Back