182Q up for auction

Looks sweet. I'd like to know what it ultimately sells for.

What's a 'Motorola 800 MZ Radio, Programmable'. Is that the wacky looking box with the keypad on the bottom of the radio stack?

If you could get that for 70K it would be a deal. It's no usual to see a goverment auction where all the logbooks are available.

What's a 'Motorola 800 MZ Radio, Programmable'. Is that the wacky looking box with the keypad on the bottom of the radio stack?
I saw that on the panel. I'm guessing it's more likely a programmable scanner. I'd bet this plane was used in law enforcement and the scanner was used to monitor other activities.

I beleive the 800MZ radio is what local Law enforcement , CAP and local gov't agencies use to communicate. So it could have been a CAP or police plane.

Edit: I just looked at the listing again. Does that box in the upper right mean there are no bids or is it a secret bid process?

Yep, it looks like no bids.

It's got basic avionics, no autopilot and getting near TBO. I doubt you can have an AP check it out first, which means the price needs to be lower than for one you can check out; for the risk. Paint and seats look nice in the photos though.

Back