182P Cowl Flap Part

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
I’ve looked at a parts manual and can’t find a drawing, part name, or part number. It’s the rubber-type grommet or isolator thingy between the cowl flap and the actuator cable fork. It’s the red thing in this pic. I need one, prefer two.408FFB1C-32B9-47D6-8CF3-287269460DA6.jpeg

On closer look at that pic, it almost looks “cast” or captured. Mine looks like it was inserted manually like a grommet.

Once again, you deliver. Thanks very much. Who pays you anyway? Lol, j/k, I know you’re “retired”.

I thought it’d be something I could do, but looks like it’ll take some rivet removal and replacement, something I’ll farm-out.

Thanks, I need to look again, cuz that was not there when I looked. I was wondering if I was looking at the wrong year (I’m sure of it now). The figure I saw when I searched online only showed a hole in the bracket, a sleeve, and a pin with a cotter-pin hole; no shock mount. It was Figure 61-something and -22’ish. Maybe an earlier model, or I goofed and was another “Textron” plane.

Yeah, probably. Earlier 182s just had a bracket with bushing. Later models have the Lord shock mount (J14290-4).

C.

Installation tip: Too many over-tighten the thru bolt for the cowl flap control fork. It's intended to float. If fully tightened, it forces the Lord mount to twist and stretch causing premature wear.

Yeah, that's why the parts manual (for '62-'73 at least) technically calls for a pin in this area not a bolt - to allow for the rotation. Of course everyone uses a bolt and lock nut because it's easier to install. You'd think the part about not snugging it up tight would be friggen obvious, but I guess...

C.

Back