182 passenger window photo port

islandboy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
islandboy
I was inspired by another post.

I have a 1975 182P and would like to install a right window with an opening photo port.

Any suggestions?

To find any STC for any aircraft, go here and select your aircraft.

I came up with:

SA01328LA
Ellis & Associates CADD/Technical Illustrations
22355 Caminito Tecate
Laguna Hills CA 92653
United States
Modification of right hand side door to provide an openable window.

I want to say there's a small port mod for a camera but I didn't see it after a cursory glance of STCs.

Our club president got it done on our aircraft a long while back... I can provide you his contact details if needed.

I've found about half of the 172s and 182s have an opening window on the right side. If so, you can just take the screw out of the arm that limits how far it opens. The window then floats beneath the wing during flight. Much easier than a mod. Unless you don't have the opening right window, then you're back to square one!

I've found about half of the 172s and 182s have an opening window on the right side. If so, you can just take the screw out of the arm that limits how far it opens. The window then floats beneath the wing during flight. Much easier than a mod. Unless you don't have the opening right window, then you're back to square one!

The '75s didn't have a stock opening passenger's side window. IIRC, the '76s did.

CAP 182s have a nice photo window on left rear. Don't know if it is factory or STC. Someone with access to CAP airframe logbooks could probably tell you pretty quickly.

I recently put in a passenger Vent Window 6"x9" from GLAP Part # W/G 1160. I like it.
They also sell a photo port window part# 1221.

Just curious... what's your camera positioning to get such awesome shots?

Want a photo port? Here you go,
Bi-Metal-Hole-Saw.jpg

if you decide you don't want it any more then just use duct tape

I had placed the project on the back burner for quite a while and had forgotten that one of the other members had forwarded this link to me: http://www.glapinc.com/Cessna/182/c-182i.htm

Probably me. We have one. Suggest not getting it too big, our photographers got a tad excited and wanted huge, and it doesn't really open well unless the passenger is slid all the way to the rear. It would be more utilitarian if we'd have made it a little smaller. They'll do custom sizes and locations.

CAP 182s have a nice photo window on left rear. Don't know if it is factory or STC. Someone with access to CAP airframe logbooks could probably tell you pretty quickly.

Think it's STC. But you're right, someone would have to look at logs.

What he said^^^.
The 172 I try to rent the most has the screws removed. From the left, I like to shoot out the right side to avoid the slipstream with a long lens.

Back