182 interior color matching?

C_Parker

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
x
Hey guys, this is a long shot, but has anyone found a commercially available paint that very closely matches the beige paint used on the interior metal surfaces of an early 60's 182?

Someone went nuts with some adhesive long ago and got streaks of it all up and down my door jambs, and the bottom edge of my pilots door is worn. I plan on masking and painting the jambs and doors so an exact match isn't necessary but I'd like it to be really close.

Thanks!IMG_0169.JPG

If there's a part you can unbolt, take it to an auto body supply shop. They can mix up something very close, and some places can put it in rattle cans.

Actually, now that I look more closely at the picture, it looks like that jamb has been painted over before so that's probably not even the original paint.

I think the most likely outcome here is I just take the picture into the hardware store and grab a rattle can that looks close and go from there....

Auto body supply shop can match, mix, and put paint in a rattle can for you. Worth it to make a few phone calls to find out if you have some place like that in your locale.

Local auto body shop should have camera for color matching purposes, give someone a couple of bucks to come out and use camera then they can custom mix for you.

Back