Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
looking for a 172 M or N , preferably 180 HP conversion OR Piper 180 Cherokee
low to mid SMOH - will consider high time if the price is right
less than 5k TTAF
WAAS GPS - 430W/530W
IFR platform

Search grid: will drive anywhere in ND, MN, SD. have contact in AZ who can do pre-buy
I absolutely want my AP to do the pre-buy and annual. right now not looking at far away places.
monitoring TAP/ ASO/ Barnstormer / Controller

looking for a 172 M or N , preferably 180 HP conversion OR Piper 180 Cherokee
low to mid SMOH - will consider high time if the price is right
less than 5k TTAF
WAAS GPS - 430W/530W
IFR platform

Search grid: will drive anywhere in ND, MN, SD. have contact in AZ who can do pre-buy
I absolutely want my AP to do the pre-buy and annual. right now not looking at far away places.
monitoring TAP/ ASO/ Barnstormer / Controller
add globalplanesearch.com to that.

Your best bet is to look around the local area. Check out the airports and the bulletin boards (yes, the real, live paper boards). Contact or even join the various local aviation groups. The airplane be easier to look at (physically and the logs) and people in the area will know about the owner and the airplane. TAP is ok, Barnstormer is pretty useless. I went the same route as you, ended up at the airport 20 min from my house for the cherokee.

You may want to check with some of the reputable brokers in the area....you never know what's out there. Not everyone wants to advertise everywhere.

Your best bet is to look around the local area. Check out the airports and the bulletin boards (yes, the real, live paper boards). Contact or even join the various local aviation groups. The airplane be easier to look at (physically and the logs) and people in the area will know about the owner and the airplane. TAP is ok, Barnstormer is pretty useless. I went the same route as you, ended up at the airport 20 min from my house for the cherokee.

You may want to check with some of the reputable brokers in the area....you never know what's out there. Not everyone wants to advertise everywhere.
yeah i am in touch with a local broker and my flight school to see if anyone is selling. my A&P has an eye out too. there are a few i found, that i have posted on this board... everyone is asking for a leg for something thats not worth a leg. one was a fit, lost him to another party. :( ...i will keep looking

i have looked at that .. seems a little overpriced..dunno. but more importantly, my A&P is not very comfortable with coastal planes. could be a bias living a zillion miles from coast, but he is the best i got...
It's about ~10k overpriced, but that may leave room for negotiation. As long as it had a proper pre-buy, there's nothing to be scared about purchasing a coastal aircraft. Besides, this one has just about everything you're looking for.

Back