172 annual done at last

kmead

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
kmead
Our 172 is the only aircraft that isn't a PA46 in the hangar, customers ask- what's that in here for. The mechanics help out in the evenings and weekends for using it. It's just a 172. How long can it take? Sometimes a month. There's always a lot of improvements going down each year.

This years completed annual list.
1) Amsafe airbag seat belts
2) New windshield, all driven rivets and blended paint
3) Replace glare shield material
4)Lifter inspection (it's a O-320 H2AD engine)
5) repainted all interior plastic
6) camlock fasteners on cowling (no more south-co problems)
7)reworked shaky fuel sendors
8)lots of picky squawks.

Things I wished I had done
1) Cabin insulation
2) Garmin 530 and HSI
3) Rosen sunvisors

Maybe next year I can get the extra things done. I never look at the bills and my wife, who does never complains.

Kevin

Attachments

• 100_8433.JPG
    100_8433.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 29
  • 100_8434-1.JPG
    100_8434-1.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
Our 172 is the only aircraft that isn't a PA46 in the hangar, customers ask- what's that in here for. The mechanics help out in the evenings and weekends for using it. It's just a 172. How long can it take? Sometimes a month. There's always a lot of improvements going down each year.

This years completed annual list.
1) Amsafe airbag seat belts
2) New windshield, all driven rivets and blended paint
3) Replace glare shield material
4)Lifter inspection (it's a O-320 H2AD engine)
5) repainted all interior plastic
6) camlock fasteners on cowling (no more south-co problems)
7)reworked shaky fuel sendors
8)lots of picky squawks.

Things I wished I had done
1) Cabin insulation
2) Garmin 530 and HSI
3) Rosen sunvisors

Maybe next year I can get the extra things done. I never look at the bills and my wife, who does never complains.

Kevin

IOWs you are treating your inspection as a 13 month maintenance period.

Looks good...save your bucks next year: get a 430W and then hang an Aera510 on the new windscreen and hard wire it into the 430 for power and the flight plans all show up on the 510: if your nav/electrical system sh*ts the bed, the Aera battery will keep running for a while and has a 6 pack display and WX.

Just for an FYI, I am bringing my plane into annual next month, how much did the annual run you?

Thanks

I really don't want to know how much the annual cost. Most of the work was me or donated help from the employees that fly it. Our shop rate is $100 per hour, on a retail level it would be scary.

Kevin

I never look at the bills and my wife, who does never complains.

My first reaction was "God bless your wife"

Then I did a double-take... You never look at your wife? :)

But then again, I'm an engineer, not an english major.

because calling it an annual is the improper term. what he has on the list has nothing to do with the inspection.

I know some IA's and A&P's don't like it, but some owners are using the term "annual" to discribe the "annual inspection" plus all the rest of the stuff done each year.

I, for one, differentiate between "annual" and "annual inspection"

If a 12 month inspection is conducted as part of the maintenance event.... what do you call it?

I call the inspection an inspection, and the maintenance, maintenance.

If I billed the owner $10,000 for the inspection, then made a 10 page entry in the logs to cover the work done, would the 10,000 be for the inspection?

I call the inspection an inspection, and the maintenance, maintenance.

If I billed the owner $10,000 for the inspection, then made a 10 page entry in the logs to cover the work done, would the 10,000 be for the inspection?

OK, I get it, but I know the difference and I've been an owner a grand total of 13 months.

:dunno:

Back