16R - My Video

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
I finally flew into VNY this week. They say its the busiest GA airport in the country, but it must have been the time of day i flew in and out, because it didnt seem very busy to me. Now finding the FBO is another story. sheesh, I was circleing on the ramp for 10 minutes before they finally gave me good directions to goto MillionAir. Anyways, video attached as proof it happened. :yes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-n57imVxs

LOL - I love the TV G rating!!!!

Michael said:
I finally flew into VNY this week. They say its the busiest GA airport in the country, but it must have been the time of day i flew in and out, because it didnt seem very busy to me. Now finding the FBO is another story. sheesh, I was circleing on the ramp for 10 minutes before they finally gave me good directions to goto MillionAir. Anyways, video attached as proof it happened. :yes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-n57imVxs

Wow, Las Vegas to VNY in 2 minutes 37 seconds! You've got that Mooney TWEAKED! :yes: Thanks for sharing the ride. I would have preferred to hear the engine over the music, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

Michael, cool video.

Some observations:
  • nice knees
  • squawk VFR the whole way?
  • landing at VNY, what are those white stripes on the rwy off to the right? They're parallel to the rwy and run down it's whole length.
Have a nice day.:)

cool! I wonder how often they have to scrape an inch of rubber off that runway...

Very nice, Michael. Did you claim VNY for the ConUS challenge?

SkyHog said:
Very nice, Michael. Did you claim VNY for the ConUS challenge?

I keep forgetting what i am suposed to write for the picture Nick. A shame too, Ive been to like 20 airports this month :(

Richard said:
Michael, cool video.

Some observations:
  • nice knees
  • squawk VFR the whole way?
  • landing at VNY, what are those white stripes on the rwy off to the right? They're parallel to the rwy and run down it's whole length.
Have a nice day.:)

Ok thats the second time you have commented on my knees....:dunno:
The squawk was dif going into VNY.
That would be the right centerline. The middle centerline is burried under all that black rubber on the runway. (which i was right on top of). :yes:

Troy Whistman said:
I would have preferred to hear the engine over the music, but beggars can't be choosers, right?
I usually leave the engine noise out of my videos unless it adds to the "drama" somehow. :D

Michael, nice video! Makes me miss flying out in that part of the country.

Back