Sold 14v B-Kool Ice Box Air Conditioner @KFUL

JEB

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JEB
I recently added air conditioning to my plane, so I no longer need the B-Kool! This is just the thing for summer flying.

I'm based at KFUL (Fullerton California).

$175 if you pick it up.
$200 if I fly it to somewhere nearby (between MYF and CMA)

These sell for $299 new.
https://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilo...34NvXOElO0F-u2u4gh9dY3XOBvGiyOCYaAkIHEALw_wcB

If you're interested in a small chest freezer so that you can make blocks of ice at your own hangar - let me know. I've got that too:)

Just wondering how well does it work?

Just wondering how well does it work?
It does a great job for about 60 minutes. Block ice lasts longer than cubes. It can be a life saver on hot days! For really hot weather, you need to use it on ground and during the climb to altitude, then turn it off once you reach a cooler altitude so that you can conserve ice for the descent and taxi to parking. If I didn't have AC in my plane, I would never give it up.

Here’s another vote for B-Kool. There’s an electric sign at the entrance to the runways ar KAPA centennial, ‘burb south of Denver, ground is 5800 msl. During the summer, always over 9000 from 11 am on, sometimes over 10k. On the ground. Without it, the little thermometer I have velcro’s to the panel ( in the shade ) is easily 120F in the convection oven aka the cherokee. With it, and the hoses pointed at the front seats, 85-90. It’s a life saver until 1500 agl, then I turn it off. Taxi, runup, waiting, etc.

I always wondered if those things worked. Good to hear.

I always wondered if those things worked. Good to hear.
Just a warning - they are noisy unless there's been a change in the fan. Even with headsets, you can hear the fan. I keep the unit in the baggage area of the cherokee, and the hoses come over the back seat. By the way, the hoses are flexible PVC or other material you can pick up at most hardware stores, so you can create airflow exactly where you want it. I bought a Y adapter so both front seats have direct airflow.

b-kool.net

IIRC the original creator (Bob) sold the product (and company) about 3 years ago but same quality and support.

The new owner has absolutely carried on with the great customer service. He sent me a newer/better/upgraded version of the hose on a unit that I purchased used. Wouldn't even take $$ for shipping costs. I was impressed. As for "how they work.." They work great for what they are. Use them on the ground and climb. Turn it back on once you start the descent. Really a life saver in the summer. Just took mine out for the season this week to test it and make sure it was working....

Meanwhile, is it sold?
I'll take it, if it's still available, if can ship...
I'll pay any UPS.
Capt Gary

Looks like the unit is back on the market. The chest freezer is also available. Let me know if you're interested.

Last edited:
Back