141 with 61 training

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Does anyone here have very knowledgeable or direct experience with 141 program? Stepson isn't going to finish his private before this semester ends and he's going to be up home for the summer. Is it possible for me to get all of his required stuff out of the way and have him take the check ride when he gets back in the fall and still have it count as 141? He already has 40 hours don't ask why - he has a horrible instructor. i.e. the instructor never told him about trim for any part of flying other than trim set for takeoff. So he had 30 hours before he could make a stabilized approach or do any of his ground reference maneuvers because he was fighting the plane the whole time. After a quick phone conversation with me he had it all figured out in 10 minutes on his next flight. anyway I'm not signing them off because he's doing the Thousand hour ATP but can you supplement all of that and still be good to remain under the 141 umbrella?

141.77(c)(1). If the student completed a proficiency test and knowledge test that was conducted by the receiving pilot school and the previous training was based on a part 141- or a part 142-approved flight training course, the credit is limited to not more than 50 percent of the flight training requirements of the curriculum.

(4) If the student completed a knowledge test that was conducted by the receiving pilot school and the previous training was received from other than a part 141- or a part 142-approved aeronautical knowledge training course, the credit is limited to not more than 25 percent of the aeronautical knowledge training requirements of the curriculum.

Since you are not an instructor with the school, none of the instruction you give is accredited to the 141 curriculum. Each lesson in the curriculum needs to be completed by the school and a phase check completed. That does not preclude you from providing instruction, it just doesn’t count as part of the 141 program.

Last edited:
Back